GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 has done this twice now, after I start the bike and let it run for about a minute or so, I pull in the clutch and put it in gear and the bike starts going before I can release the clutch handle! After I pump the clutch handle a few times and it gets warmer everything is fine. Any suggestions on what may cause this? I have my clutch handle set at number one.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would suspect you have air in the clutch line and you need to bleed it. But shouldn't that be a problem for the dealer. Or don't you trust them?
RogerB

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Have the dealer bleed out the clutch.It's creeping forward because the trapped air isn't allowing the clutch pin to fully release the clutch pack.

What it's doing now is the same thing as if you would release the lever and the clutch starts to grab.Removing the air will solve the problem.

Take it to the dealer "warranty"

·
Vendor
18,419 Posts
The first thing you want to do is adust the clutch lever. In your Owner's Manual > Index > Clutch System > Clutch Lever Adjustment. In step 3 it talks about clutch creep. When lever is pulled in, center standed, the rear tire should not spin, when in gear. If that does not correct it, take it to the dealer.

Also, do you have OEM grips, or ones that are to fat, or an aftermarket clutch lever?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts