GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 2200 miles on my 2018 now. What determines when you should do clutch initialization? Mine seems fine to me in all modes except the 7-6 down shift when pulling is a bit rough.

·
Vendor
22,059 Posts
There is no set rule on when to do it. If your bike isn't shifting smooth then I'd probably go ahead and do it, it won't hurt anything, and can only make it better. I think on a new bike, it probably should be done after the clutches break in, and it sounds like you're right at a good mileage to do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is no set rule on when to do it. If your bike isn't shifting smooth then I'd probably go ahead and do it, it won't hurt anything, and can only make it better. I think on a new bike, it probably should be done after the clutches break in, and it sounds like you're right at a good mileage to do it.
i've done to my dct with 500 kms and it was a difference after it. it could even be better when going slow to a stop. now the bike has 2500 kms and i'll repeat it to see if it helps a little bit more. the last 2000 kms it didn't make any evolution to better or worse, it just does the same way since the initialization. i wish the dct had a 5th mode called tour-no-engine-brake that doesn't downshift this way or a trigger with this fonction would be enough. my car a vw with dct has a mode called coast. this has no engine brake at all and downshifts are done when rpm are really down. this way no gear changing can be noticed.
greez
joebarteam

Gesendet von meinem SM-A600FN mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I did my 1st one shortly after I got home from the dealership . Right after I did the navigation upgrade that they said was done.
Just saying they leave it up to the dealer to do the first one after set up.

PBR

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just completed mine today. Took a quick 50 mile ride. I did see a difference in smoothness. It gets a pretty good work out here in Maggie Valley. I think my biggest problem will be keeping tires on it!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Got 2200 miles on my 2018 now. What determines when you should do clutch initialization? Mine seems fine to me in all modes except the 7-6 down shift when pulling is a bit rough.
I like your avatar Kenny!

......Your neighbor down the street ? (Brad)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Brad, If you noticed it is raining in the picture. Thought that was appropriate for Maggie Valley this time of year.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Man you guys with those DCTs brag about having no clutch but y’all sure do post a lot about clutches and initialing!!!! ? ? ?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Man you guys with those DCTs brag about having no clutch but y’all sure do post a lot about clutches and initialing!!!! ? ? ?
No clutch?? You know what the "C" in DCT means, right?

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Man you guys with those DCTs brag about having no clutch but y’all sure do post a lot about clutches and initialing!!!! �� �� ��
DUAL clutches.

No lever.

Everybody hears 'automatic'. and thinks 'torque converter'.
DCT hasn't got one of those.

Yupp, I like the DCT, with the automation to run it.

I also like the automation to run the throttle (cruise control) :wink2:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I know what it means, just give y’all a hard time

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too got mine done after riding the bike for a little over 100 miles. Even bringing the bike from the dealer the bike felt clunkier then the demo model I rode. Took less then 5 minutes and all I could say after was WOW!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts