GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me a wimp, but is there any way to adjust the clutch so that it's softer? Not the distance it travels, but the amount of force required to pull it (and keep it) in.

If that is not possible, at least are there any replacement levers that have a large footprint so that the pressure on the fingers when pulling the lever in is lower?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Clutch

There are wide blade levers I think Kuryakyn makes them.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I installed the Big Bike chrome levers a while ago. They are wider in the grip/finger area. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I found that by using wide blade levers that didn't have the "travel" adjustments, I was using the ends of my fingers more and had to sort of re-grip the lever after pulling it in, or slide my fingers over the lever as it came in. I will change the levers on the new 07 when it arrives but I will be sure the new ones maintain the "travel" adjustment like the OEM levers have. With the travel set closer to the grip I use the inner parts of my fingers more and it is less strain. Hope this is of use to you.
DC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts