GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is replacing the clutch switch as easy as it looks? Appears to be one screw and a couple of wires but I don't want to remove it and find out there is more to it. This is the switch that allows you to start the bike with the clutch pulled in and the bike in gear.
thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy that was stupid easy, works great too! Thanks to Richard for the reply. Once again the forum saves me a trip to the dealer and $$$.

Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacement Switch?

I'm having problems with this switch "interrupting" my cruise control. Does someone have a recommended replacement switch that can be wired in?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,542 Posts
I'm having problems with this switch "interrupting" my cruise control. Does someone have a recommended replacement switch that can be wired in?
Welcome to the board. There's 2 switches on the clutch lever. The cruise cancel switch is the other one, not the one that controls the bike starting in gear. That switch is cheap from the dealer as well. What year is your wing?

·
Vendor
18,413 Posts
Shoot ... replaced mine a couple of days ago and forgot to test it today. It's been rainy and nasty out. Maybe I will remember next time. Oh, my was the CC caneling switch one at the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts