GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it strange and also hurts my pocket daily after moving from Wy to Co that EVERYTHING
from a loaf of bread to taxes to what ever............everything cost more here.
well I just got my AAA road side bill and it had gone up 85 dollars a year.
wtf
so I called to find out what gives. their answer was the I had moved to a western state!!!!!
duh???
do you know where Wyoming is??? I guess it must be right next to NEW YORK CITY, since it is not a western state
The phone rep told me it was the CO economy for the extra 85 bucks. So I made it easy for AAA and now they have one less customer. It sure would be nice to get a raise to help equal out the way that every day the cost of living is going up.
sure feels good the dems are taking such good care of us. the bad thing is once the rep's get in they will act just like the dems. I may have to get fired from retirement to just get by.

livin the dream
ride safe and often

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I think a lot depends upon the area in a state also. My guess is that if you lived in Jackson, WY you would be paying a lot more for things up there. I don't know why AAA costs more in CO than WY...perhaps they have higher business costs here.

Colorado cost of living is probably higher than WY, but I am generally very pleased. I guess it all depends upon the comparison. Before moving to Colorado 20+ years ago from Maryland, I was and am very pleased with the governmental costs here. Property taxes are much lower here for the same value of house. Income taxes in MD (vs the 5% in Colorado) are 5%, but you pay another 2-3% County Income Tax on top of that. It just goes on and on in Maryland and many of the eastern states.

Lots of things to consider when deciding where to live. My guess is that you came to Colorado Springs based upon something other than cost of living. I am just up the road in Woodland Park and must admit that I love it here, even if there are less-expensive places to live.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Well 53 we lived in Fontenelle, up the road from Kemmerer, for a while back in the 70's. Before that we were in SE Colo, Lamar, and after that Denver before trying Livermore, CA. Now we are back in CO at the foot of Pikes Peak. Dare I say that I grew up at the foot of Mt. Evans.

While the SO didn't like the WY weather very much it was a nice change durring the one week of Summer. :roll:

The cost of living in WY was fairly cheep without State Income Tax but we did have to pay Personal Property Tax every year.
Then there was the $$$ we saved on Homeowners Insurance. Simply couldn't get any due to the lack of a Fire Dept. :shock:

CA was by far the most $$$$$ place with their Uber TAX on just about everything plus some. Glad to get out of there and back to CO.

If you want the least expensive places to live in CO try the micro towns on the Eastern Plains where housing is cheep and medical is non existant along with a lack of full function Fire Depts in some of the smaller towns.

Over all I have found that the Southern half of the Front Range is some of the best mix of $$$ and services available in CO. Much better than many of the Mountain Towns that have been populated with the uber rich or the Denver Metro Mega-Plex.
Try the Pueblo area for a comperable area for less $$ than Colo Spgs but be prepared for more HEAT to offset it.

Be happy you were able to find a good all 'round place here and pray for an economic recovery to make it better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts