GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when I asked everybody for opinions about an HD 883? Well, Tony bought it.
Salvage title '06 883 with almost no miles. Extra shiney bits and a loud exhaust.
He needs a website like ours though; he's got to pick up some tips ---
He was asking me this morning how many quarts of oil I thought it might hold... :lol: I've ridden a few Harley's but I've never taken a wrench to one.

Anybody know who's the Fred H. or Stu O. of the HD community?

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I remember very well buying my first new motorcycle. It was a 1973 Sportster 883. I bought it from a dealer on West Colfax in Denver. Really an AMF. I had it for about 2 1/2 yrs. Living in Denver and being pretty young I was able to tough it out and ride all over the area. Sturgis, Western slope of Colo, Wyo, Utah, Az and New Mex is what I remember now.
I sure dont regret it but I sure couldnt do it again. I can remember my arms being numb up to the elbow on some of those trips. Getting off the bike after a long day and having my back be almost locked up.
Looking back it was all part of the journey. I wouldnt be surprised if your friend doesn't go ahead and move up in comfort and power in the not too distant future. Hope he rides safe.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Just tell him to go to google. Type in: Harley Davidson Forum Boards, and he will have several to choose from and look at.

Ross

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It doesn't matter how much oil it holds, it's how much he needs to take with him to keep up with the leaks... :lol:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all; I've emailed him the link to this thread.

He spent a whole day shining it up and charging the battery; like a kid again.

Motorcycles are cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts