GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have long term assessment of these on GW 1800? Drone at highway speeds? Thinking of getting some. Thanks. D

·
Registered
44 Posts
"To each his own"

Anyone have long term assessment of these on GW 1800? Drone at highway speeds? Thinking of getting some. Thanks. D
I would like to try the Cobra Ovals on my 05, but it's not in my budget right now; so I drilled mine. I know the 6x6 on a 1500 Valkyrie has a nice rumble; not sure about drone though.......... get ready to be opined against by those who will say "why sound like a harley" IMHO, the V-twin staccato sounds terrible, but this flat six has a Ferrari tone to it ! It's your bike, do as you please.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I had them on my bike for 1 hour.
At idle and blipping the throttle with no load, they sounded fantastic.
At a steady 2.5k rpm under load the drone was terrible.
If you remove the cat converter and crossover pipe of the stock exhaust system by using Torq Loopz, the drone will be eliminated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know about the drone, because it never bothered me. But I took out all the six baffles and now my GW is one of the best sounding bikes I have ever owned. Where ever I go it is a hit.

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts
I don't know about the drone, because it never bothered me. But I took out all the six baffles and now my GW is one of the best sounding bikes I have ever owned. Where ever I go it is a hit.
you ride with a Harley group ! ? :surprise::wink2::wink2::grin2::laugh::laugh:>:)
I HAD TORQUEMASTER PIPES AND TOOK BAFFLES OUT. WAS GREAT FOR IN THE CITY. ON HIGHWAY COULD BARELY HEAR THE RADIO WAS GOOD WITH BAFFLES . NOT LOUD BUT COULD HEAR OVER THE " SEWING MACHINE "

1 - 5 of 5 Posts