GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Cobra Slash cut pipes, they didn't come with the baffles. I installed them and don't really like the sound. What baffles would I need to buy to quiet these. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
cobra slash cuts

I bought a pair of used slash cut cobra awhile back. Now do not think they make the slash cuts any more, there was an article some time ago concerning the drone, yes there was a drone with these also,,,the article was quite detailed and gave instruction on how to quite them down considerably by installing or wrapping fiberglass packing around the baffle,,, well i have had mine wrapped for about 10.000 miles and it still does not need repacking, and yes it does quite it down alot,, but it still makes noise , but thats my music,, everybody is different.. do a search on cobra mufflers, its there somewhere..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I installed the Troqs loups with the torq master pipes, I don't see why you couldn't do the same with the cobras.
What is nice about the loups is getting rid of the cats and their dead weight as well as hp loss.
They seem to give a better sound to me, without any drone sound.

·
Registered
8,807 Posts
I installed the Troqs loups with the torq master pipes, I don't see why you couldn't do the same with the cobras.
What is nice about the loups is getting rid of the cats and their dead weight as well as hp loss.
They seem to give a better sound to me, without any drone sound.
Will the torque loops work with the stock exhaust??

later..Randy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the replies, but as it stands now, I have no baffles. I need to know are there any universal baffles or which Cobra baffles will work with these? How long, whay diameter, so forth?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Slash Cut Pipes Loud...

I have a pair of Cobra Slash cut pipes...
Yes, they were too loud for two previous owners.
They are too loud for me. Hate to say that, because I like to hear my engine roar...
I packed them with glass, they sound better, but still don't suit me.
They are for sale.
I want to try the tri-ovals.
Lloyd

·
Registered
6 Posts
These Cobra pipes are sold.
I had packed them with Moose Racing stainless mesh and glass.
It didn't make enough difference.
I'm using Cobra Tri-Ovals now, and want to pack them...
They sound good, just drone at lower rpms.
I was wondering about the effect of torque loops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts