GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a 1 1/2 weeks ago I rec'd my new Cobra slip-ons for the wing. Due to an error in mfg, the right side tabs would not line up with heat shield receptacle, requiring me to remove the heat shield in order to get to slip-on and the shield to mate (with some bending of the shield). I was sure if I had to modify the exhaust, there would be no way Cobra would replace it should I fail in getting it to work, and that is understandable.

One of the tabs that comes off the right slip-on came off the pipe at an angle instead of protruding straight out (parallel with the center line of the slip-on).

For the price Cobra charges for these it really pi$$ed me off. Another pet peeve of mine is Cobra’s use (and many other after market part producers) of SAE sized hardware (nuts) to mount the equipment. To me, if you are going to cater to the metric bike market, then use metric hardware. Anyway, done venting!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Right in the instructions it says to bend the heat shields to make them fit. All you had to do was squeeze them a little with them right on the bike, then slide the muffler forward while you're holding it. I've done it at least 5 times.:nojoke:

You prolly just forgot to read that part.:22yikes:

The SAE hardware - I really didn't give a rat's rear about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts