GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me --- we are talking about the 6 2 6 or 6 into 6 exhaust, not the Tri Ovals.

So I have had these sitting in a box waiting for the other mods to get done to the wing. Got her put back together last night and rode a bit today.

I love my Vance & Hines Monster Ovals but... (to be fair, I have the 1st set of these that were released), the tips keep peeling and I drag the bottom outer edge of the pipes themselves.

I came across another member who didn't like the Cobra Tri-Ovals so I picked em up and I just unboxed the right exhaust for the first time about 15 minutes ago. Thought I would share my first impressions...

DAMN this thing is BIG and HEAVY! I was also surprised at the total curvature. That was not expected. My 3rd observation was the fact that not all three tubes are welded to the header. Only ONE tube appears to be welded while the other two are simply clamped on. I did not expect that. Seems like a bit of a cheat to go this route but I "get it" from a production standpoint.

Though the pipe's overall girth is large, after looking at key points, I do NOT expect this pipe to hit the ground during heavy riding. One they are mounted on the bike, this may change as they are longer. Longer pipe equals less clearance for pitch and yaw. (Gotta be careful around speed bumps, street to driveway/parking lot transitions, significant changes in the angle of the bike.

I will be attempting to mount the pipes to my 2007 wing and yes I know they say it's for the 2012 and newer so no need to inform me of that perceived oversight. Not the first time a company says a product will not fit or work but will. I will update with photos as I go but I am optimistic of the end result.

Here are some pictures to illustrate what I am talking about above...

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IM
[/URL][/IM
[/URL][/
[/URL][/IMG]IMG]G]G]

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's a given

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
DJ they will fit fine on your 08 main difference is the length the 12 exhaust is a little longer than the 08 mounting bolts and claps work the same

Do you still have the 6 into 6 and are they for sale. Had them on wife Valk and she loved them now she rides a 12 wing

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
everything is for sale but give me a chance to mount them to my bike... geez!

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Just asking man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts