GL1800Riders Forums banner
321 - 340 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Anyone going to/thru Belfry on Saturday, there is a big craft show happening. My wife told me she wants to go. Oh joy.

Reactions: UNCLEJOHN

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Getting excited now! I'm heading out Thursday morning. Should be a nice day. :D

·
Registered
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 · (Edited)
Wednesday is the last call for the Saturday evening dinner & show at the Cody Cowboy Company...

I have 15 seats held for us... but have to call Wednesday evening and let them know if we need more seats, or if I have to relinquish a few of the seats we have.

So far, this is the count I have:
  • myself
  • William Anzik
  • clayusmcret + 4
  • Snorebaby + 1
  • pwhoever + 1
  • Paso Dog
If your name isn't here, and you wanna join us... reply & let me know.

On another note, I hope everyone brought their extra layers. You may recall I said we’ve had some weird weather patterns this year, and it appears this weekend will be no exception. High 60s here in Cody will mean mid 50s at best at altitude during your rides… so plan accordingly.
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Magenta

·
Registered
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 · (Edited)
Good morning...

This big news this morning is that Yellowstone has re-opened... with restrictions... as previously scheduled. The East Entrance (closest access from Cody) opened at 8AM.

The next big piece of news is that there is now clarification of YNP's definition of "motorcycle group". To be honest, it's not what I'd hoped for... but I guess I can understand their reasoning. In short... a "group" will consist of 2 bikes or more. So what this means is... a husband & wife, or father & son... 2 friends... etc... who both ride their own bikes, but have license plate numbers where one ends in an even number, and the other ends in an odd number... can only enter the park together on even numbered days. I had hoped YNP's definition of group would be higher... like 4 bikes or more... but that's not the case.

So bottom line... if a group of us all wish to enter the park together... the only days we can do that are Friday the 24th, or Sunday the 26th.

Here is a screenshot of the official guidance YNP posted on their website today:
Product Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Well, I'm going to be delayed getting out of town. I found out about an hour ago that a delivery I was expecting next week is coming tomorrow. Between 8 and noon. I was planning on leaving by 8. I purposely delayed ordering until the estimated delivery date was next week. Just my luck, the one thing I don't want coming early, is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Well, I'm going to be delayed getting out of town.
Copy that... no problem.

We've got 3 arrivals already. Paso Dog rode over to do some minor wrenching on his bike... and then Pooch & El Padre rode in to join us.

There was some talk this evening about having a little meet & greet tomorrow evening for everyone... but nothing was formalized. If this is something those of you who will be here tomorrow want... chime in here, and let the others know. As to a location, chime in with your preference there too: over at the KOA... here at my garage... or possibly at a restaurant, which may be far more difficult.

One other note on tomorrow evening also: the Main Street through the middle of town will be CLOSED to all traffic beginning at 5pm, and lasting until 11pm, for the HOG rally street party. Detour signs will be posted, and Cody PD will be assisting to bypass the area.

·
IronMan
19,358 Posts
Supposed to rain and I was heading into it so stopped for the nite truck stop. Have generator with 2 small fans Lost my ac 😢😩

·
IronMan
19,358 Posts
I probably won’t get there till late Thursday night if all goes as planned. Picked up a head cold and been 100 degrees most of day. Hold the fort till I get there

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Our group of 3 bikes and 5 people arrived Weds evening several hours later than intended. If anyone passed a RV with a blown trailer tire on the shoulder coming out of Casper, that was us. We finally got here after 7pm and had to set up and purge some really stinky water from last night's campground in Scottsbluff, NE.

Having a get together Thursday evening sounds good. No preference on the where. We're in the KOA campground in spots 236 and 237. I'll reach out to Tom tomorrow.

S/F, Steve

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Our group of 3 bikes and 5 people arrived Weds evening several hours later than intended. If anyone passed a RV with a blown trailer tire on the shoulder coming out of Casper, that was us. We finally got here after 7pm and had to set up and purge some really stinky water from last night's campground in Scottsbluff, NE.

Having a get together Thursday evening sounds good. No preference on the where. We're in the KOA campground in spots 236 and 237. I'll reach out to Tom tomorrow.

S/F, Steve
El Padre and I are in space 155 tent sites, Paso dog is in 124?

·
Registered
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
Our group of 3 bikes and 5 people arrived Weds evening several hours later than intended. If anyone passed a RV with a blown trailer tire on the shoulder coming out of Casper, that was us. We finally got here after 7pm and had to set up and purge some really stinky water from last night's campground in Scottsbluff, NE...
Ouch! Been there… Done that. Had a blowout on my RV just last year myself, outside of Omaha. No fun.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Glad you made it!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Ouch! Been there… Done that. Had a blowout on my RV just last year myself, outside of Omaha. No fun.
View attachment 403441

Glad you made it!
Yours did a lot more damage than mine. I was riding behind on my bike when I saw this one happen right in front of me; got him pulled over fast.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I worked last night and I work tonight. Spoke with a lot of HOG attendees at the rally hotel. I was amazed by the number who had never heard of the Chief Joseph.

·
Registered
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
For anyone interested in a meet & greet this evening:

After discussing various options with a few of you, and giving it some thought this morning… I think the best place to have it is over at the KOA where many of you are already staying. This will keep the majority from having to negotiate the closure & congestion in town for the HOG rally street party to either get over to my place, or a restaurant.

For food, we can order a few pizzas to be delivered if we want (or other options if desired), and we can decide that there. I’ll bring a few extra chairs over in the bed of my truck, and also a couple of tables…. and I’ll throw my fire pit too in case we wanna light a fire.

As for a location, clayusmcret has generously offered the area by his RV as a possible gathering point if we want. Other options are in the central tent area, where some of you are set up… or by the campground’s central fire pit located between the main entrance & the pool. I’ll let you guys decide on that.

As for a time… let’s say around 7pm or so. That’ll give time for those riding today to either grab a nap after they return, or take a dip in the pool… whatever… and also allow any late arrivals to join in.

So that’s my suggestion…

·
Registered
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
Slight time change on this evening… let’s make it around 7:30pm or something like that, and I’m probably going to eat before arrival. But that’s when I’ll show up over at the KOA, and see if anyone is out & about

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Finally made it!

321 - 340 of 390 Posts