GL1800Riders Forums banner

Cody WY

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  blacky 
#1 ·
Plan to be in Cody while on a mountain tour. Any suggestions for breakfast and diner spots in Cody?

#3 ·
The old hotel for dinners, across the street and a block east is a bar with an outside patio. good for lunches. While there take in the street play on the side of the hotel. There is also a small museum at the west end of town which is not bad, old west. hoseback riding in the hills is great as well

#7 ·
We liked the Sunset House Restaurant, about four blocks west of the The museum. Not too fancy, but clean and good service and not too pricey. We had quiche for breakfast with a fruit cup and then had prime rib for dinner. Prime rib was tasty and tender. We would eat there gain.

We ate baby back ribs at the Riband Chop Restaurant, we thought that the ribs were a bit dry and lacked bbq sauce. Maybe it was a bad night for ribs, but we will not eat there again. A little too much $$ for what we got.

We went to the Irma Hotel to look at the the bar. Dinning there looked a little crowded and a bit too noisey for us so we did not eat there.

That is just my $0.02.

Joe in Redding

#8 ·
Hey V65_sabre

I guess all restaurants have their bad days. I had the Eggs Benedict for breakfast at the Sunset and the eggs were way over cooked and the hash browns were under cooked, service was ok. I only ate there the one time, but since you are recommending them I will give them another try next we are in Cody.

#12 ·
+1 for Granny's. Irma Hotel has great chow also. And the Irma is haunted. Bubba's BBQ was recommended to us. we tried it. worst BBQ in the land.

#15 ·
The Irma is worth the visit even if you don't eat there. The decor is definitely old West and if I remember correctly, the bar is original from Buffalo Bill's days as the owner of the hotel and resteraunt.:thumbup:

#16 ·
The little place with the great ice cream is Peters Cafe.

Also, a good breakfest and lunch. Nothing fancy, but a good breakfest at a good price. Have to order at the counter, then they bring the food to your table when ready. Ate breakfest there a couple of times last July while in Cody.

As mentioned, the Rib and Chop House serves a great meal. Get reservations or be ready for a wait. The first night we tried to go withiout reservations the wait was 90 minutes. Made reservations for the next night, didn't want to wait that long.

Also, took in the wild west show at the Irma Hotel. The show is outside and they block off the side street.

#17 ·
I agree with rjfj, all restaurants do have their good and bad days. We just had a bad experience and thought it a tad bit expensive. We are not cheap, but thrifty when on vacation.

Joe in Redding

#18 ·
Our Place on the west strip is THE place to go for breakfast, 25 cent coffee and the food is excellent. Proud Cut and Wyoming Rib and Chop for dinner. We go to the Rib and Chop House once every month or so for dinner. Make a reservation for 5pm and you won't have any problems getting in. The Irma has a nice Sunday brunch. Granny's also has a good breakfast.

Happy Eating :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.