GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been there....tell me what you can. We will trailer there and then ride for about 10 days. Leaving 2nd week of July and don't want to fight the heat (on the bike) on the way out. We will go to Yellowstone but what else is in the area. Thanks for any information. JIM IN KENTUCKY 03 Candy Orange.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Hi Jim
Been to Cody on 2 or 3 occasions and have always enjoyed my time there. As you exit Yellowstone at the northeast corner take Hwy. 212 and ride over Bear Tooth Pass (11,000 ft.) and ride north to Red Lodge. You will enter Montana to do this and you can ride a loop back down to Cody. Another "must see" is the Buffalo Bill Historical Museum in Cody. Greatest display of firearms, Indian artifacts, and other things of the era that you will ever see. Allow yourself a full day to see this exhibit. Also have a rodeo in Cody in the evening. Just a fun place to be. You will enjoy yourselves.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Jim,
I had two trips through Cody this year. The roads out of Cody N,S,E,+W are all winners. The Chief Joseph, BB Cody, and Beartooth scenic highways are among the best anywhere! The Cody location allows you early morning access for fair weather travel. It clouds up and storms roll in on the afternoon summer days. Only a couple of "not so nice" campgrounds. They're on the main drag with too much road noise. I recommend a campground right in middle of town. They have a back canyon area, down a steep twisty drive. The town noise disappears and you have a creek and no RV's. I have some photos of Cody and surrounding areas, posted on my web site: http://www.pbase.com/hankz/wyoming

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Beartooth Pass is incredible! Check out some photos at the link below:

http://www.pbase.com/wingman26/beartooth

This will give you an idea what kind of riding is on the Beartooth Pass, be sure to take warm clothing, the pass is high enough it gets cold up there, the photo below was taken in July! :biker:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Planning on being there this summer myself. For those familiar: how is highway 308 from Red Lodge down to Belfry? Also highway 295 down to Powell? Or, would it be better to take Highway 72 north out of Belfry and then south down to Lovell? :?:

Thanks! :lol:

JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts