GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I'm looking for a coffee cup holder for my wing. Any suggestions? Where can I get it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cup Holder

Germ

I have tried several type and for "me", the Butler is the winner by a wide margin.

Donnie

·
Registered
336 Posts
Coffee

Butler. And I got the small cup. Works for me. I did find that a 20-22 oz dring cup fits into the cup just fine and provides a little more insulation when it comes time for a cold drink. Just pop off the Butler lid and use the drink straw and lid.
Jerry
Sorry if this is not real clear. I don't understand what I said either.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I got the RAM mount cup holder accessory and it works great for coffee and smaller containers .... certainly not for the humungo Butler cups.
I like it ... I got the double mount so I have coffee on the lower ball and the GPS or camcorder on the upper mount.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Was in the same delimma, bought the large Butler cup. Great, the large cup when filled with ice will hold a typical 16 oz. can of a drink. With all of the ice it stays cool for hours. no regrets.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I had a Bike Buoy left over from my 87 GW, but it needed a different mount. I went to Home Depot and bought a pair of stainless steel brackets for a couple bucks, then polished one up on the polishing wheel and mounted it on the left handle bar. I riveted the holder to the bracket, and I'm ready to go. :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is what works for me. It's called an Octopus cup holder and I got it at Checker auto. It's held on with a short heavy bungi ran under the insturment cover below the key. It holds soda cans up to 44oz cups, several different sized mugs, about what ever I want to use. It's never recieved much response here, but like I say, it works for me. It does lean back toward you so you have to be careful with spilling. I just drink my soda's down a bit, or if covered, I leave the sipping hole on the high side.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hmmm...never thought of looking for a cupholder at an auto parts store. Looks kewl. :lol:

Brrrrr...it's cold outside. :eek:4:

·
Registered
20 Posts
germ97702 said:
Greetings!

I'm looking for a coffee cup holder for my wing. Any suggestions? Where can I get it?

i took a chrome truck rim center cap and made myself a bracket out of 1/4" aluminum and added 2 foam drink koozies glued them inside the center cap and drilled a hole in the bottom and whalla... also so made one for the rear armrest total for both i had maybe $18.00 in them

·
Registered
98 Posts
This works for me $1.99 for a pack of 4, and $3.75 for 24 oz. stainless steel mug at WallyWorld. Just place it in the left or right fairing pocket. Plus it is easy removed when I get to where I going.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Peppers,
Do you have any other pictures of that cup holder? I'm very interested in what it looks like to get so log below the fairing pocket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
cup holder

I use the large Butler. I have one of those stanley coffee cups that is long and skinny with the handle. It fits perfectly inside the large butler cup. I start with coffee in the AM and stash the coffee cup in the trunk and fill the butler for those hot afternoons. The small butler is too small for riding in Texas in the summer. For that matter, so is the big one, but it is better.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Peppers,
Thanks. I'll head to the nearest AutoZone and see what they have to offer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts