GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:coffee1: Good Morning Everybody!!! What's cooking this morning Chef??? :eat1: After breakfast I'm going to have to pull the beast out of the shed and go for a ride...Looks like it's going to be a nice riding day. Going to get up around 60...not to bad...Hope you all get some riding in too..Ok, let's get this meeting started!!! :chat:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Morning Joe....the coffee's hot here...but no riding in store for the day. It's one (more) of those old cloudy, cold dreary days that are so common in the mtns of north ga...

Sure wish I was there to go for a ride with you. Would sure like to ride up to cloudcroft, then back over toward mescalaro/ruidoso...what a beautiful ride.

Used to go up to cloudcroft and play in the snow with snowmobile's...was great fun...I though it was soooo expensive to rent them...it was $35 per day (wet)...or $25 for half a day...guess that tells you how long ago that was (late 60's).

Going to get my second cup...hope you have a great ride...!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Got my cup, but where my menu?

Hey, wouldn't Cloudcroft be a little chilly this time of year? Here in Vegas, we've got Mount Charleston. It's a favorite summer destination, since it's a beautiful place to escape the summer heat, with some fun roads besides.

Supposed to be in the mid-60's here, another gorgeous day for a ride, but with Christmas shopping to be done, I'm afraid there won't be much time for that!

John

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cloudcroft

Suppose to get up to 45 in Cloudcroft today...Might be a little chilly on the hill..may just have to ride around down here on the flat lands today....

·
Registered
59 Posts
In 1969 I was living in Alamorgordo. On Thanksgiving day, my two small son's and I built a home made sled, sanded and waxed the runners. The weather was beautiful...! BY the time we finished lunch it was up to 75*...I had been wearing jeans and T-shirt while building the sled.

After lunch we loaded (and bundled) up in the car and drove 19 miles by the odometer up to cloudcroft and played in 20 inches of snow all afternoon...and it was still coming. There wasn't a flake on the ground west of the tunnel...and as soon as you passed through the tunnel...the ground was covered and just got deeper as you continued up the mtn...what a wonderful place...!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is nice up there, but no sledding going on this year yet...neither Cloudcroft or Ruidoso has had any snow yet... Really hurting the ski season on Sierra Blanca... and so far no snow in sight...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts