GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was +7 F coming in to work today, and I'm sick of it!

At least the roads were clear, and I got to ride, but I am longing for warmer weather. :sun1:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hey Stormbringer....have you thought of becoming a "snowbird?" High of 63 and a low of 42....very plesant :D

The FASTEST :yw1: Wing

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
I just got in from mowing the yard. I'm soaking wet with sweat! :(

Guess I'll have to go for a afternoon coffee ride to cool off. :D

Hope you Guys see some good weather before too many more months.

Storm....Only 70 degrees difference in our temps! :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Red said:
I just got in from mowing the yard. I'm soaking wet with sweat! :(

Guess I'll have to go for a afternoon coffee ride to cool off. :D

Hope you Guys see some good weather before too many more months.

don't get hit by a Disney World float

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I feel your pain Red :coffee1: , no grass to mow here....just ride to the coffee shop :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaryG said:
Hey Stormbringer....have you thought of becoming a "snowbird?"
The idiom is lost on me, other than a reference to several species of North American finches. Is this like an "ironbutt" or "squid" slang term?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Stormbringer wrote:
The idiom is lost on me, other than a reference to several species of North American finches. Is this like an "ironbutt" or "squid" slang term?
snowbird
SYLLABICATION: snow·bird
PRONUNCIATION:
NOUN: 1. Any of several birds, such as the junco and the snow bunting, common in snowy regions.
2. Slang: One who moves from a cold to a warm place in the winter.

I wish I were one right now!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, if I don't become a snowbird, my wife might force me to. :D

She is starting to really hate winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Suddenly I don't feel so bad riding to work in 25-degree weather. Nice to know I'm not the only two-wheeled ice cube arriving at the gate for work! Today in the Seattle area, it's supposed to be sunny with temps into the high 50's by the time I get off work. Darn near t-shirt and shorts weather for us northerners! Take care. :wink:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, if I don't become a snowbird, my wife might force me to.

She is starting to really hate winter.
Her, me, my wife, my son.............. In fact my son dislikes it so much, he's going to college in Phoenix next year. It probably won't be long for us either, we're going to sell the house and move to warmer climes before too long.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Come on down Andy and all others from the cold climes...lots of sunshine to go around....then, in the summer we can all ride to cooler places :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
GaryG, I think that when we visited Phoenix last month and your temps were in the mid 70's is what starting working on my wifes and my decision to move. We were there in mid January for a few days, motorcycles all over the place, and the weather was beautiful. Not sure I could handle the 110 F.+ heat in summer though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I hate Climatization

Ive been here in SC for 4yrs now, I now complain of riding in 60 degree weather.

I guess I have become a climatized Wing riding redneck. I should probably move further south every year maybe I can beat the climatization schedule.?.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts