GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.fleetfarm.com/pages/Products.cfm then go to page 21

I don't use them very often but they have worked great when needed. When the package is opened they are exposed to air and begin to heat. They last 4-5 hours and are thinner than most insoles so they will fit fine in most shoes. Think they come in 3 sizes. There must be other stores selling them but Fleet Farm is the only place I have seen them. Has anyone else tried them? or seen them in other stores?
:yw1:

·
Registered
115 Posts
That looks like a good idea, for those of us who only ocassionally need heat on our feet (or hands).

I've not tried them, but I did find this place to buy them online:
http://www.grabberwarmers.com/
More expensive than your source, but at least available to those of us down south that have no ready source of such stuff.

Thanks for the head up! :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Those look nice; probably a lot more comfy than my electric socks!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I carry an emergency supply of those hand warmer things and some of the toe warmer things in one of the compartments under the rear speakers. Heard of too many folks freezing their toes/fingers off when away from home and their electrics fail.

I think I got them on sale, don't remember how much I paid for them... but they are nice to have "just in case".

GR8Wing... great sig pic!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hand warmers

The hand warmers, in two sizes, are available at Wal Mart and Kmart and very inexpensive. My wife likes the small hand warmers to put in her gloves and in her boots when it gets cold. With our winter gear its all she needs to keep very comfortable. It is a good idea to keep them around in case your electrics fail. Before I bought the Gerbings I took the large size hand warmers and put them in a back pocket from a discarded pair of pants and hung it around my neck. Its quite effective as long as you have all the wind sealed off around your sleeves, waist and neck.

·
Registered
237 Posts
warmers

My wife used them for the Bear/Packer game and was toasty warm the whole game. Work great. Used them for ice fishing last Sat and she never got cold (after six hours on the ice). Fleet Farm has them on sale right now for $1.99.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts