GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does the goldwing perform completely different in cooler weather. Stiffer ride, of course, but I swear mine is quicker. Anybody else notice that, or am I having flashbacks from high school?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Denser air requiring more fuel more fun. When I did emission testing the lab air temp was
always maintained to eliminate variables.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Denser air requiring more fuel more fun. When I did emission testing the lab air temp was
always maintained to eliminate variables.
:agree: Mine runs better at night time than in the blazing sun of a hot day. Really runs good at 26° F. Same for carb engines. My Valkyrie seems to have 10 extra horses in cool weather.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's the same for airplanes as well... Colder temps, denser air, more lift.. and more air molecules for that engine to chew on... It definitely isn't your imagination...

:agree:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I always thought that it was just me because I'm always in a bigger hurry when it's cold (plus everyone knows that the yellow ones are faster anyway).

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Definitely, colder air should equate to crisper throttle response and a little more power. Power feels much stouter to me on either bike when it's cold out.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
12 degrees last week or was it two weeks ago???? Bike runs sweet....but the fuel economy goes down.....go figure.....LOL....:thumbup:

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts