GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some real cold weather riding boots. I looked at the Black Sheep web site as the boots looked warm. All they kept saying is that yes they look warm, but do not worry, they do not get warm. I want them to get warm. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw a review of their boots about 4 months ago, I think in MCN. I have no personal experience with them. I like Rocky Eliminator boots. They are insulated and waterproof. I also have found that a brand of socks called Smart Wool (especially 2 pairs) will make uninsulated boots warm. Smartwool socks are really expensive but they are really warm.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My only concern with insulated boots is that they would be too warm when not riding. You guys do get off your bikes sometimes, don't you? :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I don't know how helpful this is but I was out today for about 45 minutes (charging the battery) at 18 degrees. My feet stayed toasty in Cruiserworks boots with regular socks. For longer trips at low temps, I put on long wool socks. My feet never get cold I also find speeds above 60 mph are warmer than low speeds, I guess because of the shape of the airflow. I do turn up the back of my leather jacket collar so I can look like James Dean and keep my neck warm. 8)

I just remembered. Cabela's used to sell electric, battery operated socks for hunting. You could probably try those with whatever boots you have now.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Put Tulsa Hot Foot on your bike and the boots will not matter. I ride year round with the same boots with no problem down to 20 degrees.

·
Registered
81 Posts
boots too warm

I where my eliminators when I know its going to be cool. Also when in a lot of rain. During good weather I wear non-insulated boots. I have an old pair of Corbin boots I bought in 1990. I've had them re-soled and I love them. The eliminators would be too warm above 60 degrees.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Warm feet

I use th Tulsa Hot Feet, wool socks, with insulated work boots on extended rides under 35*. this seems ta work for me as ah way to avoid electric socks & th associated wirin. :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts