GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heated gloves now that work well ... any recommendations you can offer for non-heated gloves so I can get "un-plugged" for those rides when one does not need so much comfort?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Go to an army surplus store and get some flight gloves, nice and light leather for warmer weather riding.
Then buy the wool liners for the cooler rides.
I've had them for years and they work great.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I have heated gloves now that work well ... any recommendations you can offer for non-heated gloves so I can get "un-plugged" for those rides when one does not need so much comfort?
You might try the Deluxe II Gore-Tex Shooting Gloves from Cabela's.

Outstanding comfort.

gramps

·
Registered
351 Posts
I use Klim snowmobile gloves.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Tourmaster Winter Elite II's with Arctiva glove liners underneath are the cats meow! When it gets really cold, I just switch the liners to my battery-powered "Thermogloves" heated liners! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
If it's not really cold out, I'm usually wearing an old pair of deerskin gloves. The backs are faded to an almost skin color, while the palms are still somewhat yellow.

Be aware that any leather gloves worn in the rain will turn your hands that color, at least that's been my experience.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
If you can handle the Harley-Davidson Logo, I've used these without heated grips well below 40*F.
I am seriously Cold Blooded. Temperatures that don't seem to phase others have me in the deep freeze. Bad frostbite as a kid doesn't help I suppose.
With heated Grips? These are probably good for temperatures that are much colder than I'd care to be out on the road in. (ie ICE)
Sold my electric Gerbings Gloves (kept the jacket liner though) if that tells you anything.
The Part Number on the admittedly older pair, but in perfect shape, gloves I have is: 2RXT-H-DMC. I don't thing they are available under that Part Number anymore. All sorts of nonsense comes up when I Google it.
Looking at a Harley Dealer's Web Site, it looks like their Part Number 98213-13VM is the replacement at $64.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have a pair of these which work pretty well down to around 40*F for me & are waterproof having ridden in some pretty good rains with them. Much colder than that the Gerbings gloves come out

https://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=123&cid=14&Itemid=15

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'm going to suggest a stop at Cabel's also....they have a good selection of gloves in the waterproof arena that might meet your need...and not nearly as expensive as some of the others suggestions.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Despite the glowing glove manufacturers raving reviews on the aspects of their Chinese gloves at $150-$200, they all stink. I've tried 40 pair of winter gloves the last 30 years and the best I've found is the bmw pro winter 2, but they still are about a 5 on a scale of 1 to10. I had a pair of gloves stolen back in 1985 or so and they were the only good glove I ever owned, but they were stolen and I never knew how good they were til they were gone and the replacements since have been a real letdown, all 40 of them.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
GORE-TEX X-TRAFIT Technology

The main issue with Gore-Tex gloves is the problem of the liner pulling out of the gloves when you remove them, especially when riding in the rain.

The X-Trafit technology is supposed to fix this.

Quoted from May issue of MCN:

"X-Trafit technology bonds the windproof, waterproof and breathable properties of the Gore-Tex triple-layer membrane directly to the shell of a glove, creating a much more compact waterproof liner. And compared to typical waterproof gloves, the liner is fixed in place, so you never have to worry about the glove turning inside-out. The end result is a glove that looks and feels like other premium sports gloves, but provides the guaranteed waterproofing that comes with the Gore- Tex label."

BMW gloves offers this glove, and others:

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php/bmw-prosummer-gloves-v20-bmw-gloves-76218541-772-781-p-962?osCsid=pojmmc74uj5ihogo77g5h9qkh3

But if you google "GORE-TEX X-TRAFIT" you will find several other gloves.

https://www.google.com/search?q=GORE-TEX+X-TRAFIT&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7GFRC_en

gramps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts