GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the Temp display shows --F. It was fairly cold today and after getting started the temp display gave me that reading.

W

·
0 Posts
Does anyone know when the Temp display shows --F. It was fairly cold today and after getting started the temp display gave me that reading.
Below 13*F (-11*C) the display will show "--" (page 32 in your owners manual - that thing that's still wrapped in cellophane in your left saddlebag :razz: )

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I road 160 miles today also. Temp was 18F when I left home and 21F when I got back. Feet got cold. That was it. Very good ride. Hard to fine someone to ride with when the temps gets below 45F:shrug:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Started off this morning and it was around 2.
40 miles later my feet were not warm and my fingers were cold. I wear a pair of mid forearm heavy Thinsulate riding gloves with a light pair of cotton gloves inside of that.
Can anyone recommend something that would reduce air flow over my hands? I think I would want to remove any device in the spring.

·
Registered
65 Posts
40 miles later my feet were not warm and my fingers were cold. I wear a pair of mid forearm heavy Thinsulate riding gloves with a light pair of cotton gloves inside of that.
Can anyone recommend something that would reduce air flow over my hands? I think I would want to remove any device in the spring.

I just installed Baker hand wings...they seem to do a good job.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=1506&str=4

Al

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Cold weather ride

Rode to work yesterday 19 degrees. GERBING G3 gloves work perfect. toasty warm the entire ride with pant liner and jacket liner.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts

Hippo Hands........or something similar....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Below 13*F (-11*C) the display will show "--" (page 32 in your owners manual - that thing that's still wrapped in cellophane in your left saddlebag :razz: )
I watched mine go from 14F to -- F yesterday. This morning, It went from --F to 14F. Maybe I missed the 13F... Hmmmm... now I need to go back out again for another ride! :excited:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts