GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to pass this little tid bit along to my fellow riders. I just spent $80.00 on a pair of fleced lined ICON riding jeans with armor. I also purchased a $20.00 pair of Sportsman Guide fleced lined jeans, without armor. After riding in 45 Deg weather here in Virginia alternating between both pants at 1 hour each, the winner is... the Sportsman Guide $20.00 pants. Don't waste your time and money on the ICON pants, way too much money. If having armor is a priority then by all means go ICON. The fleced lined pants are great for chilly weather regardless of which brand you choose.

Ride safe.... :D http://www.sportsmanguide.com[/url]

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
819 Posts
THANKS!! I went to the first 4 pages. Where are the Fleeced jeans? I saw flannel.

BTW...I'm the Senior Lead Tech for the Mont. Co. Md. Police. "Civilian" I just fix the cars when you guy's break em". LOL!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought two pair at Bass Pro in DFW. They were on sale for 19.99. Love them for those cold Texas rides in January. You know, when it dips into the 30s.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Buffalo Soldier said:
After riding in 45 Deg weather here in Virginia alternating between both pants at 1 hour each, the winner is... the Sportsman Guide $20.00 pants.
I wish I lived someplace where 45 degrees was considered cold.
Around here 45 is "nice". "Cold" starts around 38.

·
Registered
343 Posts
jeans

I and the bride have several pair of the flannel/fleece lined Sportsmandguide lined jeans. Good quality and very reasonably priced.
Buck

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Error

Thank you Detour and the other posters. I made an error in the lining material, flannel is the linning but toasty none the less. Detour, my last assignment was Commander of technical serivces which included vehicles. I made a few friends in your agency when it came to outfitting the new police vehicles with lights and technology, you have an outstanding agency.

Ride safe and I hope to see a few of you at the upcomming summer events (Hoot, Ding and regional wing events)

Joe

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
R.K. MA.3 George said:
I wish I lived someplace where 45 degrees was considered cold. Around here 45 is "nice". "Cold" starts around 38.
I agree...Im from nordern Minasoda and my version of cold is when it is below zero. Here in WY...its 21 degrees and with the wind...feels like ten...I felt like wearing a windbreaker today.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks! You may have met Joe Zimmerman! He is the head Tech that installs all equipment. Small world, huh?

I just ordered a pair of those jeans. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts