GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode to northern Florida today to see the people at Diamond Seats. It was a cozy 40 degrees up there. If you can see your breath it is too cold for me. It didn't get out of the 40's today. Between the spots of rain, gusting winds, and temps below 50, I just about froze. :(

I decided to swing over to Daytona to see what was going on. Trailer Week(s) at Daytona always amazes me. All the V Twins coming in on trailers gives new meaning to the phrase "Trailer Trash" ! LOL...No offense meant to anyone. I just can't understand why you would trailer a bike from anywhere in Florida, to Daytona!

I don't think you will ever see so many incompetent riders in one area. They are a blast to watch. One Guy today was wobbling all over the place on a HD Dresser taking off. He would actually pedal with his legs like he was trying to balance himself. He was a hoot to watch. I followed him for at least ten blocks just so I could get a few more chuckles. I'm easy to entertain at times! :D

I'm going to try and get back over Sunday to have a meal with a few of you and a little ride.

Another thing I thought was great. I stopped at Ryans on 98 outside Daytona to eat and warm up some. The place was jammed with biker types. The hair, tatoos, more black clothing than you could imagine. Guess how many bikes were in the parking lot? Only one! It was my 1800.... LOL!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maniac!

Hey Red,
You're a fricking maniac man! :eek:4: LOL! :D Just kiddin', it's a pleasure to ride along side of you. :1st:

My buddy on his Ultra & I are leaving the Pinellas Park area at 6:00am Sunday(the 29th) to ride over to Daytona. TJ & the Boss are going to do some stripes on my ride.

Gonna take 275 thru Tampa, hit I-4 until the traffic gets crappy then jump off on to a smaller road into Daytona. Probably stop for breakfast somewhere on the other side of Orlando. Gonna hook up with Wayne & some of the others for lunch about 1:00pm at HDLs tent. :eat1:

I'll give you a call Saturday evening. Be great to have you join us for the ride over & whatnot if you would like.

Talk to you tomorrow eve,

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Rain

Jerry said:
Well Red, What did you learn at Diamond Seats????
Jerry
Jerry:
I took my Hartco seat in for it's 45,000 mile tune up. I'm having it rebuilt. I'm also having a new thinner passenger backrest built. The Florida sun destroyed the cover and I'm having the foam reshaped. I thought I would have it done before they got too busy.

Lenny:

I'll be looking for your call. I probably won't ride over with you guys, but I might meet you over there. When I go over I ride over SR50 to 44 then in. Those roads are like a motorcycles only road when Bike Weeks are in. LOL... Everyone that owns a bike on the west coast is heading for the east coast.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Red, I know what you mean about entertainment. Last Sunday evening I rode down to Main Street (it was crowded then, so I know this will be a big year). There was a crash on Main Street and they deverted us around the block. I was following a young lady on a big Harley. She was decked out in white boots, white leather pants, jacket and helmet riding a new white bike with all the extras.

As we approached the stop sign, she was very carefully checking traffic in both directions as she slowed to a stop. Looked left, looked right, looked left again. She was doing every thing right, with one exception. She failed to remember that when you come to a stop on a motorcycle, it is very helpful to put your foot down!! :oops: Plopped it over on the right side, scraping up her brand new leathers!!

Usually, about Wednesday of Bike Week I put my bike in the garage and take the Durango. Too many drunks and rookies out there with three day old temporary tags!! :evil:

Michael

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hey Red.............................

Hey Red, you should have let me know you were gonna ride in the winter, i would have loaned you my heated gerbing jacket liner with thermostat, that will even the score with those bone chilling temperatures. It's gonna be 59 today so i'm gonna see if i can dig my wing out and ride to work.
JD
:biker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts