GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking on the internet at a Coleman Instant Tent . Wondering if any of ya'll have one of these tents and what your experince with it was and your pro and con of the tents
thanks
thomas

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
I looked at one last year a 6 person weighed 24lbs and was way too big to
Pack on bike. Other wise it was a nice tent . But it does take I believe 2 people to set it up easily. Price was too high for what it was in my book. I now have a 6 man tent and can set it up by self in 10 mins 7 if raining :nojoke: practice for me makes for fast setup.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I assume an instant tent is something along the lines of pull a cord or flip a switch and the tent pops up; or possibly has some type of inflation device, like CO2 or something.

Wouldn't it be neat if it was some king of deal where you just add water, like instant coffee.

:lol:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas for the replys. I guess I will have to start saving my money and buy on next Spring.
thanks
thomas

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the 6 man and it is nice! I also bought a Cabelas oversized cot and use my self inflator on top of that. I have a bad back and cant crawl into a tent this sets up with very little bending over. Sets up quick will be faster as time goes on, take down a little more involved but still easy. Lots of room but oversized cot filles up one side of tent for two up with cots 8 man would be better. 6 man would work for two if sleeping on blowup mat of self inflators. Over 6 ft standup room great on the back

Does take some room, my minitrailer is over half full with instant up, cot, mat,sleeping bag and chair. But combo makes for great camping.

My only consern is if something would happen to a pole I don know how you would fix it.

Comes with nice bag that works, everything fits.

Would I buy another .......Yes !

R

Ps bought mine at Target for $149.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts