GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not good at uploading pictures; not sure how this will turn out.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/tclev/DP_0519.jpg

Anyway, I'm really satisified with the color matched paint. It does look a little darker in these pictures, but that's caused by shadows.

I've got my Ducks ordered and they should be here by Friday; they'll go on the saddlebags instead of the side of the tank.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Me Likeee :yes1:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Looks good...

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The rear looks MUCH better without the black! So the older style caliper covers fit the 12's. Thought I had read somewhere they were different.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
His signature bike isn't a 2012.
Well, duh....now that's embarrassing! You had me till I looked on my larger screen! Nice job, still like the looks of the painted rear fender.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Very nice! It now looks like it should have from the factory.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The rear looks MUCH better without the black! So the older style caliper covers fit the 12's. Thought I had read somewhere they were different.
Those aren't caliper covers; they're called 'front fender side covers'. The caliper covers fit below these and they are different. I don't like the open rotor and caliper, but there is no after market for the airbag model.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beautiful bike and I especially like the 82nd Airborne decal. :congrats:
2/325, White Falcons, for a brief period in ~1981 ~ 82; a brief misassignment between Special Forces assignments.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK; I know my signature/avatar is still the '04 but I'll get it changed by Friday.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmm I'm torn. It looks ...... older now ? Not so hip/stylish/new.

Hard to describe. I like it , but it's starting to look like all the other Goldwings out there.

Hmmm I'll keep looking at it and see if it grows on me. :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmm I'm torn. It looks ...... older now ? Not so hip/stylish/new.

Hard to describe. I like it , but it's starting to look like all the other Goldwings out there.

Hmmm I'll keep looking at it and see if it grows on me. :)
Doesn't matter if it grows on you or not. I've had a lot if requests to post pics when the color match was done. It's done, pics are posted, I like it, no, I love it; and that's all that matters.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Doesn't matter if it grows on you or not. I've had a lot if requests to post pics when the color match was done. It's done, pics are posted, I like it, no, I love it; and that's all that matters.
If all that matters is how you feel about it, then my opinion shouldn't have bothered you at all. Apparently my opinion did matter.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts