GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Road Trip Essentials just to have them but they have gone out of business. Any body shop should be able to paint one to match.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Not any more, chromeworld had them, but when road trip went under that dried up too.

Did a quick search just in case, did not see any new vendors.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Howdy Stu!
You might give Wing Bling a try. They may do one for you. They seem to be more into custom work than straight color matching, but if enough people start asking...

·
Registered
222 Posts
When I had my 98 Wing, I bought an all rubber fender extension. Really like it, but I haven't seen any of those for the GL1800 either.

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
Your better off without them. The extra weight can crack your front fender

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Your better off without them. The extra weight can crack your front fender
Not only that, they make the fender hang lower which can get hit and... crack the fender.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howdy Stu!
You might give Wing Bling a try. They may do one for you. They seem to be more into custom work than straight color matching, but if enough people start asking...
Jim, are you 'missing' the road yet? Good to hear from you...I'll check with Wing Bling tomorrow.

All others, thanks for the responses as always. I have a Bushtec extension on my '03 and did the 'Waldo Fender Fix' (what I call it anyway) and it has worked very well. If I have to separate it from the '03 I will in order to have one on the '10 I am picking up Tuesday. I experienced all the cracking too until completing his reinforcement procedures.

AG GL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts