GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone used the aerosol paint from this company. I am looking to paint the lower exhaust covers Candy Red. Trying to do it myself and save paint shop costs.

TYIA

Winger53213

·
Registered
279 Posts
Color Match

I purchased some paint and tried to match the red on a 1998 CBR 600. The paint match was good but my painting wasn't. The problem with aersol cans is you can't control the flow of the paint. I was trying to paint and match a factory paint job. I was way out of my league with the cans. This was a job for a professional with a spray gun.

It sounds like you are painting a whole piece of plastic in one shot. Since your not trying to lay down paint side by side I believe you'll be OK. The colors you receive will be a very good match to factory.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Their colors were right on on the last bike I had. The under coat and overcoat worked good. Never painted before but it looked good. I had both the touch up pens and spray.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Winger, I would check with Bushtec. He might have some info for you. He's willing to direct you and help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts