GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my can of basecoat and clear coat today from Color-Rite. I started the job this evening, but to my horror, I ran out of aeresol in the can with 1/2 a can of paint left! Has anyone else had this problem?

$64 for a can of basecoat and clear, I expect it to work!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I received my can of basecoat and clear coat today from Color-Rite. I started the job this evening, but to my horror, I ran out of aeresol in the can with 1/2 a can of paint left! Has anyone else had this problem?

$64 for a can of basecoat and clear, I expect it to work!
I have used the stuff before. I think it is a bit overpriced for what you get. I would call them and see if they will make it right.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Call them they will make it right.I had no trouble with the base or top candy color I used from them.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
That kind of crap happens with rattle can.
Very true...budgets sometimes come into play...you really do get what you pay for but sometimes you get a bang for your buck. Just not often!!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Maybe the nozzle is plugged up with paint.

I have that trouble with spray turtle wax. The turtle keeps getting stuck in the nozzle. :lol:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Called Color-Rite this morning and whoever answered the phone handled my problem and shipped me out a replacement can. Now THAT is service!

Compare that to the 2 hours (literally) I spent on the phone with Microsoft yesterday getting transferred from one department to another trying to get a problem resolved.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I agree, probably was plugged, but no way to unplug it.
I use a ton of rattle cans for a varitey of projects.every once in a while I'll get a defective spray head.
I'll try and spary out the clog with Brake clean (red hose) into the clogged spray head.
But some times that doesn't work as I said because it's a defective head.So I swap it out with another spray head from one of many cans/brands of rattle paint I have in the shop.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Rattle can tip: When you are done spraying, turn the can upside down and press the nozzle until only the propellant comes out. This removes the sticky, gummy paint and leaves the nozzle free and clear.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Kit,

How often do you wax your turtle:?: I hope only on race days, for better aerodynamics!:22yikes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts