GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're off to Colorado this morning. First big trip on the Wing. It's 80 degrees at 0600. I can't wait to get away from this heat!

·
Registered
546 Posts
We're off to Colorado this morning. First big trip on the Wing. It's 80 degrees at 0600. I can't wait to get away from this heat!
I'm in Arlington, VA right now (on my Wing, of course), but there are a lot of CO riders on this board who can suggest some world-class riding roads. Let us know if you need some suggestions, nd ride safe!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Come on up.

It's 42° here right now.

You are going to have some kind of fun!!

Cloudy and 62° in Grand Junction...

As PODO said -- You're going to have fun and lotsa of WoW's..

-

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You have others from close to you leaving this morning also. Dan (and son), Tommyboytx and jhughes56 are leaving at 10. Dan and son will leave from Copperos cove and the other 2 from Arlington. After lunch with me here in Eastland(hardins bbq) they will meet Dan in lubbock. Look for them--a yellow, a white and a blue oh yea and a harley!!

Lucky devils!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Question for PODO

PODO; I under stand I25 is close from just south of the Colorado Border to not to far north, do you know where current info can be found?

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
I - 25 between Raton and the Colorado border was closed due to a fire, but it is open now. News reports state that speed limit is dropped to 45 due to smoke and fire equipment on the roadway.

Road is open and ready for travel................

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I - 25 between Raton and the Colorado border was closed due to a fire, but it is open now. News reports state that speed limit is dropped to 45 due to smoke and fire equipment on the roadway.

Road is open and ready for travel................
Thanks, how is it over in your neck of the wood, are you getting any smoke?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
We just got back, only a short 3 day trip, but still nice. Much warmer around Durango, Silverton, Ouray, and Telluride than I expected. Unfortunately, I think a motorcyclist went over the side on the 550 between Silverton and Ouray. We saw a lot of activity, a skidmark right up to the edge and several bikers standing around. Down the road, rescue and police were en route. I didn't check any news sources to see what happened.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I hope that seat Mod I recommended is helping out...So far so good with me,havnt even used my WalMart cushion since I had it modified..You guys be careful..Its my turn starting July 21st!

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I think a motorcyclist went over the side on the 550 between Silverton and Ouray.
You HAVE to pay attention while riding 550, there is no room for error.

If you want to look at the scenery, (of which there is a LOT) pull over!

Don't want to hear of anyone (especially from this board) taking the short way to the bottom.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just got back from there Sunday. You're going to love it. Ride safe!

·
Registered
631 Posts
You HAVE to pay attention while riding 550, there is no room for error.

If you want to look at the scenery, (of which there is a LOT) pull over!

Don't want to hear of anyone (especially from this board) taking the short way to the bottom.
:agree: 550 I watched the road and the wife took pictures. saw what I missed later!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Wife and I are going thru Colorado 2nd week of July heading to Montana from Texas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Over 500 miles today and temps up to 106. The radiator vents can sure cook your shins even with the Baker Wings at those temps. Off to Salida from Clayton N.M. tomorrow.:)

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Wish i was back out in Colorado now. Will be last of Aug:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Made it to Salida yesterday, ahh cooler temps! First impression for a long trip on the Wing... It's great! Compared to my Rocket lll, it's like coming off a bike that had no wind shield at all. Cruising at 80 is seemless for both me and the wife. Great all round touring bike. The seat mod is well worth the $!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Made it to Salida yesterday, ahh cooler temps! First impression for a long trip on the Wing... It's great! Compared to my Rocket lll, it's like coming off a bike that had no wind shield at all. Cruising at 80 is seemless for both me and the wife. Great all round touring bike. The seat mod is well worth the $!!
Wish I were with you guys 106 here yesterday! My turn is July 21. Glad the seat mod is doing its job!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts