GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if Colorado is all smoky from the Arizona fires? If the winf has pushed the smoke in that direction? We are headed out to Durango, CO leaving Glasgow, KY this Friday. If anyone has any Smoke information I would like to hear it!!!
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
yes
it seems to come and go tho. some days and times you can not see the mountains, but then it will be gone.
still a great place to ride :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yes
it seems to come and go tho. some days and times you can not see the mountains, but then it will be gone. still a great place to ride :thumbup:
:agree:

On some days it makes for spectacular sunsets. This morning, I could smell the smoke outside, but not this afternoon. It certainly is not near as bad here in Denver as it is for those unfortunate folks in Arizona.

·
Registered
452 Posts
We could spare some more. Actually our place is about 35 miles West of the Wallow fire. Very little smoke since the winds are blowing toward the NE. When the winds quit the smoke starts to come in.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I-25 between Trinidad Colorado and Raton, New Mexico is/ was closed because of smoke from a fire(s) I came into Pueblo and the wind was interesting:22yikes:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Be there in a bit, podo. :thumbup:
thecruiser

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK! Will will be heading out to Colorado Friday morning bright and early!!! Leaving from Glasgow, KY. Never been to Colorado before, so we are looking forward to the ride out!!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
sjones --

You are going to have one of the best vacations of your life! When I was a kid our family used to vacation about every other year in CO and I loved it then. Our kids are now gone but they had some great times learning to ski there and also hiking in the Granby area. Now the boss and I go at least once a year and just love it, NEVER get tired of the mtns. Very much looking forward to Rockies Gold this year, staying an extra week this time :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
We just returned from there! We stayed in Pueblo for 3 nights and the Smoke hid the mountain range but when we moved to Montrose, you can't get any better scenery. By the way, if you can "Ride IH70" east to west or vice versa. Unbelievable.......

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
TommyboyTx, jhughes556 and I along with my stepson (still a Harley rider) are headed to Colorado on Friday.

Locals beware next week!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
TommyboyTx, jhughes556 and I along with my stepson (still a Harley rider) are headed to Colorado on Friday.

Happy days.....:doorag:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
stepson (still a Harley rider) .

He's a rider, Harley guys can ride too! Except for my Bro in-law.....

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I'm leaving Pueblo tomorrow morning for Grand Junction via Independence Pass and Aspen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts