GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone asked for a few snow photos from the big storm that we are having in Colorado today, so I've posted a few below. It is now a little after 5PM and it is still snowing and supposed to do so until noon or so tomorrow. I have somewhere in the 2-3 foot range at my place, but with the wind blowing there are some drifts that are 4-6 feet. I have a nice fire in the woodstove and it is VERY toasty here -- about 16 deg outside all day today.

Well, enjoy the photos. It all should be gone by the time of Rockies-Gold!

The radar picture:

My deck (the chairs are now completely covered with snow):

View from my front porch out my driveway:

Taken while plowing the driveway; looking at my place:

The snow is piling-up where I have plowed:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hello Dave from Melbourne australia send some of that stuff down here we need it now as the bushfires are very bad and 35 degrees today smoky and hot the smoke is becoming a real problem here in melb not that bad today as the wind has changed but yesterday it was very bad.

Check out the web cam link of melb i have up on my web site

www.jonkaz.net

Merry xmas to you and yours have a safe and happy new year

cheers and regards
John
Melbourne Australia

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Nice pictures Wingnutzz. Keep your snow we don't want it in Ohio. At least I don't don't want it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Thanks for the pics Dave. I know how you feel. It was forcasted for 82 degrees here today but only hit 78. Bummer. My mother is in the hospital and her roomate is from Denver. She moved from there in August. About an hour ago I was there and she was speaking with her family in Denver on the cell phone about the storm. I was thinking of you.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Roy, best wishes for your mom I hope she is doing well.

Dave, thanks for the pictures. I enjoyed looking at them it reminded me a little of the peacefulness after a snow when I lived in NJ.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Out here in Eastern C.Springs it is REALLY piling up. Neighbors across the street have a drift 1/2 way up their house!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Thanks for the picutes Dave. Since we don't get any of that stuff here in FLA-USA, I enjoy seeing what's going on in the cold part of the country.

See you in July!

Bartman

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I was bitchin about the 1/2 inch we got the other day! I do remember those colorado snow storms though. Tim

·
Registered
787 Posts
Falcon Wing said:
Out here in Eastern C.Springs it is REALLY piling up. Neighbors across the street have a drift 1/2 way up their house!
Forty miles to the south of you we only had a couple of inches of snow with 50mph wind gusts. Instead of snow piled half way up the homes we had tumbleweeds up to the roof tops on some houses. :shock: Forget the snow shovels...folks had to break out the pitch forks :!: :lol:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Nothing a flask of Crown and a pot of chili won't fix.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
That's why I keep a extra case of Budweiser for back up. Just in case that happens here in Ohio again.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey - will that melt by the time we get to Montrose in late July? Hope so...I have lost my touch with the snowball fights...can't throw worth a darn anymore!

Sunny and cool in AZ - a chilly 52 degrees.

Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wingnutzz,
Boy do I feel lucky! I got to play 27 holes of golf today. It was in the fiftys here in N.Y. and they're still mowing the greens. Do me a favor and keep all that snow out there.....I'd like to get a few more rounds in!

·
Registered
330 Posts
GOOD ONE!
Grew up in Northern MN. We used to have 'em like that regular growin up but no more :cry:
My lower back still hurts. We didn't have a snow blower & oldest son gets to do the deed.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
WOW,

That storm just missed us in UTAH :shock:

Went on the other side of the Rocky Mtn's.

Good Luck Dave and NICE pics.

later..Randy

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Dave, I am so jealous! You know how bad I want to experience the snow like that for one time. Great shots, keep em comin!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Toyo said:
Dave, I am so jealous! You know how bad I want to experience the snow like that for one time. Great shots, keep em comin!
Come on out -- we'll let you help shovel some. Below are a couple of pics that I took today.

After spending some time clearing the driveway:

Mule Deer hanging out at his normal spot during a snow, right down from me:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts