GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

If the Colorado front-range Wing riders were to meet up - what would be a good centralized location?

• Monument

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denver

• Colorado Springs

• Manitou Springs

• Other?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just exploring the idea of a gathering of the Wing riders located along the Colorado front-range (or further into the hills / flatlands if interested).
Perhaps this would give / allow Dave (Wingnutz) a chance to accept some offers of assistance for Rockies-Gold....
I'm thinking this would need to wait until late March or early April for the snows / roads to be acceptable.

Update 01/16/07 @ 0937 -
Seems as though points south are the preference.
While the idea of a pot-luck @ a park has been broached, I was thinking more along the line of a slow lunch at a BBQ place. I doubt we'll have more than ten folks show - so I don't think we'd need more than one big table.
Now, who is familiar enough with either Monument or northern C.Springs to identify a likely chow-down location (and not a DQ). If you'll let me know, I'll follow up with more info and some date choices.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I can make any of them work, IF the snow melts and I can get out of my place in Woodland Park. Of course, if others can get out and I can't, I'll just drive to the gathering. I always like Manitou, but Monument is a good location also for Denver riders, as well as those from further south.

When we get nearer I'd like to encourage a meeting that would include some of those coming to Rockies-Gold -- be good to discuss other ideas, see who would like to help, and with what (again, we're keeping it simply, but it would be good to see if anyone would like to take on leading some rides, etc).

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm not too far from any of the locations mentioned thus far. I'll help any way I can and have ridden all of the posted routes in the Montrose area several times. :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I voted for Manitou, but all are close. Monument would be my other
choice. Manitou is a good jumping off point for some good rides.
My problem is the way the snow is here in Parker, it may be weeks
before the Wing (or the Roadliner) get out of the garage. This will,
undoubtedly, turn into the longest non-riding stretch I've ever had.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Any location good for me . Always glad to help in any way .

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I voted for Colorado Springs, but I really do not care. Anywhere is a good excuse for a ride and I look forward to meeting you all. The way the weather is, I won't get the wing out until April. The snow in my alley is not melting and it snowed more today. HELP . :shock: Right now some where south and warm sounds pretty darn good. :lol:

Anyway, Just let me know when and where and I will get there by bike or cage if necessary.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Any place would be good for me too....I have not ridden with other wingers in over a year and a half!

2,732 Posts
You bet!

I'm already looking forward to it! Don't care where the meeting is, I'll be there unless something unforeseen gets in the way. Thanks NotSluggo for planning it...Can I help? Actually, around Denver might be closest central location, but the Monument area, Golden area (State Park) or anywhere within 100 miles would work for me. We could do a potluck for lunch with everyone bringing something because it makes it easy to "mix and talk". Lets get the date set now so we can all get in on the calender. I'd love to meet all of you to put a face with a name.

·
Registered
851 Posts
This is a good idea. Castle Rock might be an option as well.
I haven't been in the Montrose area in years, but I'd be glad to help out in any way I can.

truck

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Went up to the "Plastic Wing Hanger" and started up the bike to let it warm up for 20 minutes or so with the 3 feet of snow piled all around.
Sat on it and listened to some tunes for a bit. Thinking about rewriting George Harrisons song, and calling it "While my Goldwing gently weeps"

Ohhh Welll... enough of that, I'm up for any ride anywhere to meet anyone of the fine folks that frequent this board. Just as soon as I can dig my Wing out :cry:

·
Registered
194 Posts
A ride anytime would be great as soon as it warms up a bit say 60 degrees warmer.
I am looking forward to the Rockies-Gold ride to meet other Golg Wingers in Colorado. Meeting somewhere at a perk for a pot luck sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay -
Seems as though points south are the preference.
While the idea of a pot-luck @ a park has been broached, I was thinking more along the line of a slow lunch at a BBQ place. I doubt we'll have more than ten folks show - so I don't think we'd need more than one big table.
Now, who is familiar enough with either Monument or northern C.Springs to identify a likely chow-down location (and not a DQ). If you'll let me know, I'll follow up with more info and some date choices. Though right now, the weekend of 03/31 (Sat or Sun) is looking like a winner to me.
TIA.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I'm game for anything, as long as I am in town, but that should not stop the rest from getting together. I hook up with quite a few friends at the Sedalia Grill in Sedalia. In Palmer Lake could do O'Malley's Pub. Tons of places in the Springs, but if folks are coming to the Springs, I'd prefer somehwere like The Key in Manitou -- more atmosphere, but could do any of the Old Chicago's (off Woodmen north, Austin Bluffs and Academy center, and the original downtown on Tejon). Gieuseppe's Old Train Depot would work also.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Notsluggo said:
slow lunch at a BBQ place....
Now, who is familiar enough with either Monument or northern C.Springs to identify a likely chow-down location (and not a DQ).
Not that it's slow (it's still very busy), but the new Famous Dave's BBQ up on the north side of the Springs has some damn fine food!

I'm of course interested, too. Will have to read about this Rockies-Gold thing. (haven't been hanging around here much lately)

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
lester said:
Notsluggo said:
slow lunch at a BBQ place....
Now, who is familiar enough with either Monument or northern C.Springs to identify a likely chow-down location (and not a DQ).
Not that it's slow (it's still very busy), but the new Famous Dave's BBQ up on the north side of the Springs has some damn fine food!

I'm of course interested, too. Will have to read about this Rockies-Gold thing. (haven't been hanging around here much lately)
Lester, check out

http://rockies-gold.net

25-29 July in Montrose

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry guys, I've been swamped @ work and haven't been paying attention here.
I like the diner idea for Monument.
Next question - would Saturday or Sunday be a better choice for lunch?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I can go with either Sat or Sun. Just hope I can get ole grey out of the alley on the road by then.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts