GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on adding a colored matched FFE for my 04 Titanium. Witch make, Bushtec or Road Trip Essentials have the best color match and installation?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am just in the process of mounting my black, natural color ABS plastic, Bushtec FFE onto my Titanium fender. I thought about chrome and getting a painted one but decided that the least obvious would be to leave it black. I also won't have to worry about paint chips on the bottom edges of the FFE.
I am using some 3M Duramix panel adhesive to put both the FFE and the Bushtec bars in that help prevent the cracking of the fender. I peeled off the tape adhesive from the bars and reformed them to fit.
Just took the clamps off and what a difference, the fender is very much more resistant to flex. The Duramix products require a special applicator and depending upon the setting time of the two part adhesive some quick hands.
Sure makes a nice clean install.
I'll se if I can post a few pics.

·
Registered
759 Posts
roadtripessentials without a doubt. perfect color matched to factory paint. I have been running one for a long time...and Tony at roadtrip is a super guy...and gives full customer service..best I have found anywhere. price is very reasonable too.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have a Bushtec on my Candy Red and my friend Greg has the Road Trip on his Illusion Blue. For color match I would go with the Road Trip. But I do like the extra bracing that came with my Bushtec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts