GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doing some work in Columbus, OH this week and will have a bit of extra time to kill. I'd like to check out some chrome and accessories for the Wing. Are there any shops in or near Columbus I can check out? TIA. (I've posted this on the Ohio forum too.)

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Competition Accessories, Springfield OH

Doesn't Honda Directline have a store in Ohio?

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Competition Accessories, Springfield OH

Doesn't Honda Directline have a store in Ohio?
They do, in Bellaire. I'd like to drop by and support our sponsor, but it's a couple of hours out of my way. Actually, after I posted my question I remembered there is a dealer in Elkart, IN that I've liked whenever I've dropped in. I'll be riding right by there tomorrow. Called them and they have the part I'm looking for in stock. However, I've still got a few hours to kill on Thurs. & Fri. while in Columbus, so I'll drop by Competition Accessories. Thanks for mentioning them.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Check out

Iron Pony
5436 Westerville Road
Westerville, OH
43081, US

on the outskirts of Columbus.

It's a huge motorcycle accessory store. It the largest clothing, boots, etc store I've ever been in. It's almost as big as a Walmart.

Not much 'Wing specific stuff.

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chris. Website looks great. I'll check 'em out for sure.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Columbus, Ohio

Iron Pony is located in Columbus, OH. (Looks like Chris submitted while I was typing)

Also, visit the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) Heritage Museum in Pickerington, OH. Its on the east side of Columbus off I-70. Just one or two exits east of I-270. It is definitely a worthwhile stop.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would agree with most of the ones listed above, especially Iron Pony. Competition Accessories is nice but about 40min W of CBus.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Paul,
If you make it to Direct Line's shop in Bellaire, OH let me know I live right across the river.

·
DSI Keeper
9,183 Posts
I would agree with most of the ones listed above, especially Iron Pony. Competition Accessories is nice but about 40min W of CBus.
Another vote for Iron Pony. I buy most of my riding gear there. Really nice to be able to try them on for fit before you buy.

Also, if you ride, you can park under the front entrance. Security cameras watch your ride (via on-site security) and bike gets to listen the sound of speeding sport bikes thru outside speakers.

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Visited Iron Pony today. Amazing! Pretty well anything you could want. In particular they have a great selection of clothing from most of the manufacturers. Thanks everybody for the recommendation.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The AMA motorcycle museum is located in Pickering which is a suburb of Columbus and is worth the visit..........pretty cool place:thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank You

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. And offers to meet. Made it to Iron Pony on Thursday. Rain and work on Friday prevented me from visiting Competition Accessories. Next time.

Had a couple of good meals at restaurants recommended in another thread http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271334 Thurman Cafe and City Barbeque.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you are driving home the is a little town of Cygent Ohio and long time acessory dealer, Country Choppers. they are right off the hi way about 90 north of columbus.
He works the ralleys and has alot of mechandise. Good prices as well.

www.countrychoppers.com I think, or google it

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Made it to Competition Accessories on this trip. Big place. Found their prices to be a bit high for the few things I looked at. Bridgestone front tire G709 for $235 (reg. $145 here, on sale now for $134). Honda OEM oil filters for $13.99 ($10.99 here or $9.30 each for a box of ten (and $7.99 each for a box of three right now)).

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. And offers to meet. Made it to Iron Pony on Thursday. Rain and work on Friday prevented me from visiting Competition Accessories. Next time.

Had a couple of good meals at restaurants recommended in another thread http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271334 Thurman Cafe and City Barbeque.
Two of my favorite places. How long did you have to wait to get into Thurman's and did you eat an entire Thurminator? We were there with our bike group a few weeks ago and it was a 1 1/2 hour wait. Since being featured on "Man Vs. Food" it has become quite the place to eat.

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How long did you have to wait to get into Thurman's and did you eat an entire Thurminator?
It was my second try. This time there was a seat at the bar, so no wait at all. Had the blue cheese burger (can't remember the exact name). Great place. Lots of fun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts