GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may be doing, I'm going to be doing some riding this Columbus Day weekend. My intent is to get out of Jacksonville Friday and overnight at my mother's house just north of Athens, GA. From there it's a crap shoot. I could go north into TN & NC to ride that area, but I've been up in that area on two previous trips. I've ridden the Dragon, Cherohala, and the BRP as far as Asheville.

What I'd really like to try is to shoot up to WV and ride the southern half of that state. I've posted on WV's sub-forum for local advice, but would like to hear from the general forum folk...
1) What other great roads would be good to ride if I stayed in TN/NC?
2) Is riding as far as WV worth it?
3) What is a good scenic route if I go up that far?
4) Lodging...cheap but clean...in both areas, any suggestions?

Lastly, I'll be solo this trip as my bride has to work :frown:, so if anyone is going to be in either of those areas, I'd love some good company!

Thanks for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Check the Darksider forum. They've got something going on in WV that weekend.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will be leaving Sunday morning and won't be doing any rides, but thanks for the tip. Does anyone else have any information regarding southern WV, NC, TN and/or lodging?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still looking for inputs on good TN/NC rides, or even WV. Anyone have some favorite roads and hotels or motels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts