GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Anyone been on US 441(St.Rd. 80) in Palm Beach County going/coming from Lake Okeechobee/La Belle? Would like to know how it compares to US 27 for same trip with regards to amount of traffic, scenery or any special hazards. Thanks in advance and God bless.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello to all. Anyone been on US 441(St.Rd. 80) in Palm Beach County going/coming from Lake Okeechobee/La Belle? Would like to know how it compares to US 27 for same trip with regards to amount of traffic, scenery or any special hazards. Thanks in advance and God bless.
US 27 is a north/south 4 lane west of Lake O, SR 80 is a east/west from West Palm to Fort Myers. Central Palm Beach county is pretty much pasture and sugar cane. All are great rides as far as being quiet, not heavily travelled roads, except for Belle Glade, Pahokee and South Bay, which are the busiest places along those roads.

US 27 has Everglades Holiday park in Davie with air boat rides, and tours through the glades. SR 80 onto CR 833 takes you to Billy's Swamp Adventure (also air boats and tours into the Everglades). Both SR 80 and US 27 are pretty isolated, with a few small towns, and lots of lightly travelled roads. Mr scootinn and I did CR 833 Sunday, and saw maybe four or five cars in the hour and a half we were southbound. Nice, quiet easy riding.

·
Registered
479 Posts

I guess you are talking about taking 441 around the east side of the lake instead of 27 around the west, It is a good road, and has less traffic and not as many lights, but there are a lot of trucks that use it during produce season. Both 441 and 80 go through large sugar cane and sweet-corn fields. There are some great views of Lake Okeechobee where you climb up on the dam. Just watch-out for a big red Peterbilt (that'd be me) I pick up at a lot of these farms often

1 - 4 of 4 Posts