GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my problem 1 wing and 2 shadows would like to communicate is there a system that would allow this.
Going on holidays soon and would like to do this.
Please help!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
When my wife rode her shadow, I installed a handlebar mounted CB on her bike so we could communicate. Added the plug for the headset so she could hear it and added a PTT switch on her left grip.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
the sena smh10 will intercom with several and bluetooth also with good range. It will even reconnect automatically if you get away from each other.

·
Registered
197 Posts
CB is worthless

The last word in Handsfree Motorcycle Bluetooth communication – with Click-to-LinkTM for spontaneous intercom conversations

The scala rider G4 redefines the notion of high-end communication for motorcycle helmets. Encased in a rugged yet streamlined body, the scala rider G4 offers Bike-to-Bike Intercom at a remarkable range of up to 1 MILE/1.6 KILOMETERS!*
The scala rider G4 also features a unique 4-way Intercom between two bikers and two passengers or 3-way Intercom among three separate bikers. And since several hundred thousand bikers are already using the G4, a new and exciting feature was added to allow for spontaneous intercom connections with any G4 biker within intercom range: Click-to-Link™. No need for advance pairing or any preparation. Just “Click-to-Link” and create your own roadside social network.

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-g4

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
+1 for Scala.

The people I regularly ride with all have Scalas, and it is awesome. The G4 will let you conference 4 together simultaneously, the Q2 will allow you to daisy-chain with 2 others. With ranges of 1/4 to 1 mile and battery life that is untouchable - it is simply hands-down the best system out there. I know of at least a dozen people who have them, and I have a pair on helmets with 2 spares to hand out to new people who come along and need one for the day/trip.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ok here is my problem 1 wing and 2 shadows would like to communicate is there a system that would allow this.
Going on holidays soon and would like to do this.
Please help!!!
A couple questions:

Who owns the other two bikes?
How much are THEY willing to spend?
How much are YOU willing to spend?
How tech savvy are the 3 of you?

You basically have 3 options
CB, GMRS/FRS or Bluetooth

Cb or bluetooth (scala) you can figure $400 to $500 per bike avg. CB on the high side Bluetooth a little less.

GMRS/FRS: some makers have a headset option for their walkie talkie's. If you already have a headset installed on your bike you can't use both but at around $100 per bike it is a option. Or there is chatterbox for around $250.

Good luck with whatever you 3 decide to go with.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
there is a ton of info on web bike world:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts