GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a little pump assembled in Denmark from parts made in China.
What a combo but a little workhorse.

Called "airman sparrow pump" toll free # 877-9airman Corona Ca.
www.airman.dk

Active Prducts inc. has a whole line of inflating products.

The sparrow has a 59 inch cable with alligator clips.

I am not a representative nor do I get anything for mentioning this product

. I'm not spouting marketing hype.

I used it and thought that for the money a clean 6"X6"X3" plastic housing with a pressure gauge that was accurate within 1 or 2 psi. for 20 bucks was as good as anything I've seen at Wally World.

Just wanted to share what I thought was a decent unit for emergency use, at a reasonable price.

Buck Yellow Wing :lol: 8) :lol: :goflag: :yw1: :22yikes:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Hopefully we won't ever have to use it, but we bought one of these about 1 1/2 years ago and carry it on the bike. Hardly takes up any room.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I carry it too. Left saddlebag way in the back. Hides in there nice. Learned about it from a Harley Dealer. You can easily adapt a cigarette lighter plug to it also.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Closetchef said:
You can easily adapt a cigarette lighter plug to it also.
Looks like they have two models: Sparrow MXP-211and MXP-212. The only difference I've been able to find between them is that type of electrical connection. The 211 uses a cigarette lighter plug and the 212 has alligator clips.

In any case, this would eliminate the need for home-made modifications, not that such would be difficult - but it would probably mess up any warranty coverage.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Javern said:
Closetchef said:
didn't realize that! We sell them (HDL) for 19.95 + handling.

you do? I looked online and couldn't find them :oops:
Jav: Should I enter my "laughing" here... like you do?

No, I won't stoop that low. :s27:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I knew there was something else supposed to be on my order list.

ORDERED :!: :D

P.S. Hey Gary I guess you're in luck since this one needs no installation! :lol:

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
If directline does sell them I bet they don't sell very many because no one other than Closetchef has been able to find them on the HDL site. I propose a super sale promotion on these compressers!

·
Registered
274 Posts
The ones sold for $19.95 by HDL are easiest to store.
:roll:

Since they are invisible compressors, they take minimum amount of space in your saddlebags. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
air pump at autozone for $14

I bought a airpump at autozone for about $14 and added in a cig adapter to aligator clips as it will pop the fuse on the cig adapter on the bike which is only 1.5 amps. Anyway I took it out of the plastic housing and it is very small. Not fast but works fine.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Sorry for the cornfusion!

I sold it to me by special ordering it from our supplier. I looked it up in their catalog and bingo, there it was. I've sold a few over the counter here by showing mine off. I forgot we don't list everything in the catalogs. Sometimes you have to call and inquire. Anyhow, anybody wants one, gimme a call and I'll get you the one with the alligator battery clips for 19.95 plus $5 handling. They don't list the one with the power plug adapter in the catalog, so I didn't know about it's availability.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Harm said:
Check this one out: http://smartcarproducts.com/products_page.html
It's digital, you preset the pressure you want and it shuts off automatically when it reaches that level.

Harm,,,Ima gonna order your model. Pressures up to 250 psi, automatic shut off when pressure is reached, longer cord, built in digital gauge...slightly bigger in size however. 6x9x3 inches i think it is. This is perfect if you do bicycle support for races. bikes go up to like 170 psi. Maker claims twice as fast as conventional like compressors. has built in adapters for air matress and sport equipment. $19.95. free shipping. sounds good to me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts