GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2012 GL1800. Is there someone in the GTA who is a Goldwing expert and does good work?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. I have heard that Markham Outdoor Power has a good reputation. Maybe join us for a RTE. Good food great people.

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
When you find a good mechanic, stick with him no matter where he moves to. It's the mechanic, not the shop, that does the good work.

I do all of my own work so I can't help you with a good mechanic. I think that GP Bikes is reputable but they are nopt Honda dealers, if that makes a difference.

·
Canuck
2,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
There is a 2012 on the floor at Milton Honda. I saw it on Friday. It was a candy apple red.

Where did you get the Bike?? I have been looking around and there isn't too many to be had !! Gil

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get the Bike?? I have been looking around and there isn't too many to be had !! Gil
Ready Honda in Mississauga.They had a red one and was told that only 50 2012 models are coming to Canada this year, that's hard to believe. Dealer in Bowmanville has a red one too (i.e. no airbag) but no test rides allowed. Ready Honda let me test ride a 2010 GW.

Thanks for the tips. I'm hoping to find someone great in Toronto, so I can drop it off and head to work or home and not have to sit there all day waiting for it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I don't doubt the 50 number. The 2 bigger dealers here don't have a 2012, and they didn't sound like they were going to get one from my phone conversation a couple of weeks ago.

They still have a couple of 2010's (although one dealer sales guy said it was a 2011 hahaha), I think one dealer was down to 24K$ on his.The other one said his was going on sale.

I figure I will have to go out of province if I want to see a 2012.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The one at Milton Honda had a price tag of $29,995 so I suspect that it was a loaded one.

I don't doubt the 50 number. The 2 bigger dealers here don't have a 2012, and they didn't sound like they were going to get one from my phone conversation a couple of weeks ago.

They still have a couple of 2010's (although one dealer sales guy said it was a 2011 hahaha), I think one dealer was down to 24K$ on his.The other one said his was going on sale.

I figure I will have to go out of province if I want to see a 2012.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one at Milton Honda had a price tag of $29,995 so I suspect that it was a loaded one.
In Canada, we only get 2 models; ABS, GPS, Radio/ipod in Red, and all this plus airbag in Blue. (In US speak, that's a level 3 and level 4)

In the US, they have 4 models, and each one is available in 4 colors.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Stay away from Brampton Power sport honda dealer. Car mechanics do the work on their bikes. To many have had to many bad exsperiences with them. Roger

·
Registered
99 Posts
Best MC mechanic i have found i Peter.. Owner/Mechanic of 109 Cycle .. corner of Warden and Danforth Ave. Just him.. his assistant Mellissa and one other guy. GREAT shop.. Pete used to be with Ontario Honda before they closed.. then opened his won shop.. Tell him Jeramy sent you. Not Goldwing specific.. but still great. IF he cant fix it.. he WILL tell you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know Peter, he's done some work on my previous bikes. If he's familiar with the Goldwing, I'll talk to him. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I know Peter, he's done some work on my previous bikes. If he's familiar with the Goldwing, I'll talk to him. Thanks for the tip.
My Goldwing wrench is Rob at Rocket Motorcycle, 215 Oakdale Rd., Downsview (Finch and 400), 416-746-1583.

Strictly cash, no credit cards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts