GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just paid below amount (converts to $122.67) for about 14 gallons fillup.......and that is for diesel. If this was gaoline it would be $141.00 and if it was an empty Goldwing it would be $65.00 fillup.

Aalborg, Denmark.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
At least Diesel is less then Gas there.

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
damn is right

but we are catching up

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Filled up last night. In Indiana, near the I-275 corridor, it was $3.859/gal. In Fairfield, OH. where I bought fuel it was $3.569/gal. Indiana has lower gas tax than Ohio. Free market, free enterprise. More profits. Go figure! I did not check the diesel prices. The Wing took $17.60 to fill, not quite empty.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Wow! Yeah, we are catching up. It would be interesting to know how much of that price is for fuel and how much is taxes and the minimum wages there compared to here but never the less, its all about where the money goes.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Yeah, we are catching up. It would be interesting to know how much of that price is for fuel and how much is taxes and the minimum wages there compared to here but never the less, its all about where the money goes.
My guess is that at $100 or so a barrel, actual refined gas is $3.00 a gallon and everything else is taxes. So....over here there is 300% tax on fuel. No wonder, motor vehicles (motorcycles included) carry a 180% initial sales tax beside the Value added tax.

Spoke to a new Harley owner the other day - $92,000 for a 2010 - would be $24,000 in the US.

A 6 year old Goldwing advertised in the paper for $74,000.

Took a couple out to dinner at an average restaurant - $240.00 without liquor.

Minimum wage? No minimum, just everyone making tons of money, then paying 70% income tax and crazy prices for everything.....you still see yachts in the harbour and private jets at the airport.

I promise to quit complaining when I get back. Does not do any good anyway.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Our fuel prices here in the U.S. would be lots cheaper if we had our own oil wells and refineries. Huh... ?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our fuel prices here in the U.S. would be lots cheaper if we had our own oil wells and refineries. Huh... ?
You really think Exxon Mobile would give us a break? We will pay the going world price. The rest of it is taxes.

In Saudi and Venezuela the government subsidises energy to keep the masses at bay.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Last I heard, if we started drilling again we would immediately put 400,000 people back to work.

Within a couple months we would have another 1,200,000 support jobs back on line.

Within a few months after that, the lowered fuel costs would put millions back to work throughout he country.

In doing so, the illegal aliens could come back an mow the lawn.

Let's DRILL!!!

It's a Win/Win proposition.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
From Our Great One "Coming soon to America!".

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Just wait until national health care kicks in. We'll be able to tell our grandchildren about the days we only paid $3.89 for gas. They'd never believe us if we told them about the days gas was only 25 cents/gallon.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last I heard, if we started drilling again we would immediately put 400,000 people back to work.

Within a couple months we would have another 1,200,000 support jobs back on line.

Within a few months after that, the lowered fuel costs would put millions back to work throughout he country.

Let's DRILL!!!

Where did you study macro economics? Oh, I just saw it under your avatar - U of Twilight Zone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
why why why

gas prices never fail to amaze me. Go to this site and see what current prices are in Tucson (or anywhere else if you want). http://www.tucsongasprices.com/Tucson/index.aspx

The other thing that seems to only happen in Michigan is the weekly rise of prices on Wed night/Thur am and subsequent drop on mon night/tues am.

but how can prices vary so much ( $0.65 per gallon) across the mainland here. We are no further than 30 miles from the pipeline terminal and 100 miles from the refinery.

:wrong:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Let's DRILL!!!

that's hysterical! good one.

·
Registered
836 Posts
gas prices never fail to amaze me. Go to this site and see what current prices are in Tucson (or anywhere else if you want). http://www.tucsongasprices.com/Tucson/index.aspx

The other thing that seems to only happen in Michigan is the weekly rise of prices on Wed night/Thur am and subsequent drop on mon night/tues am.

but how can prices vary so much ( $0.65 per gallon) across the mainland here. We are no further than 30 miles from the pipeline terminal and 100 miles from the refinery.

:wrong:
Heck, around here the price of gasoline varies as much as 20 cents in a 10 mile radius.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
See what you get for going over there?

·
0 Posts
Interesting post

But did you know it is against FEDERAL LAW to raise gas price in a station as long as you are still using gas in the ground (or tanks). Price is only to change after delivery of fuel! But try to get the gas station owner to do this is impossible!:?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Just paid below amount (converts to $122.67) for about 14 gallons fillup.......and that is for diesel. If this was gaoline it would be $141.00 and if it was an empty Goldwing it would be $65.00 fillup.

Aalborg, Denmark.
But did you have a good time over there, that's all that matters.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts