GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the slime unit from wal mart. It comes in a semi rigid case and holds my tire plugs,pic and plug tool ad well as other tire repair tools. It all fits in the bottom of my trunk with my tool bag. As far as use. I have not HAD to use it yet but have used it several times for my mower. It has held up well. All for under 30 bucks.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
The Harbor Freight is a decent compressor, neighbor has one, the wallyworld one is about $15 and works for me.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
To save space, others have taken those type of compressors and stripped the plastic cases off...just carried the mechanics of the unit...

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Becareful which one you buy. Ive had a slime compressor that Ive used alot when riding with my club. Cost about $30. They have one at wally world for for $10, jammed the first time I used it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I've had great luck with the $10 Slime compressor from Wally World. Just for a trial I completely deflated on of the rear tires on my trike (car tire) and used the Slime compressor to completely re-inflate it. It took about 8 minutes but it did it. If i burn this one up the next Wally World is just around the corner.

In checking my tires each morning on a trip, If I need to top one off it only take a minute or so and I'm off and running. I also use the slime digital tire gauge, in testing the tire gauges I had in the garage the slime digital was the most accurate.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I bought the Slime Power Sport and it works pretty well. There is a connector included for just about every way you may want to power it. Comes with a hard shell case. I paid about $30 for it with the idea that I would not use it in the garage but instead only on the road if the need arises. I have tried it out to make sure it works and it worked perfectly. I did add a better gauge to the kit, the one included is pretty cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I bought the Slime Power Sport and it works pretty well. There is a connector included for just about every way you may want to power it. Comes with a hard shell case. I paid about $30 for it with the idea that I would not use it in the garage but instead only on the road if the need arises. I have tried it out to make sure it works and it worked perfectly. I did add a better gauge to the kit, the one included is pretty cheap.
I have this one too ... picture below shows all the items that comes with it. You can hook a lead to the battery with the end near the opening in the side cover panel and plug it in right there .... or use cig lighter.

I've bought the cheaper ones and had them actually melt under use... this one is very compact, light, and works great. It weighs half as much as the one in the OP.

CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have this one too ... picture below shows all the items that comes with it. You can hook a lead to the battery with the end near the opening in the side cover panel and plug it in right there .... or use cig lighter.

I've bought the cheaper ones and had them actually melt under use... this one is very compact, light, and works great. It weighs half as much as the one in the OP.

CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

I've got the Slime compressor. The nice thing about it is it plugs into the same plug as my battery tender. Work great for that time we you really need it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have the same one as JokerGuy and Wingrider55. Purchased it here with FREE shipping. It was the lowest price "29.48" I found on the "Slime 40001" model after quite extensive research.

Northern Freight wants 32.99 plus 7.99 shipping. That leaves 11.50 for gas............!

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Decided

Thanks for all the feed back. Sounds like many have chosen the Slime units, I however decided on the HF in my original post. I do appreciate the experiences of all who post constructive info on this forum.:fullsize: The picture is of the compressor in its travel bag, down in the CD changer zone. Now I'll get some patch tools and add those to the "hidden trunk" and should be all set to avoid any tire troubles. (If you have it, you won't need it, if you need it, you don't have it)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts