GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this somewhere on here, new to posting. My wife has a 88 1500 Champion Trike, the alternator went out and I upgraded to a Compufire, well I am having one HECK of a time trying to get it in, it seems like the crossmember is in the way. No matter how I turn it, it will not go in. Any advice before I start taking more pieces off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I just became a member of that forum and hopefully I will get some responses as I am anxious to get her back on the road. We have a rally to be at in 3 weeks and I am hoping this 1 1/2 hr job that has turned into 2 days so far will be ending very soon. And P.S. I am now located in Vancouver, WA. I suppose I should change that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mike,

I think there is a cross member you have to take loose but for the life of me I cannot remember which one.

If you post on the GWRRA board ask that question there if not drop me an email and I would be glad to help you by posting it for you.

Might also try calling some local installers and see if they have any suggestions for you

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My wife has a 93 and it is not triked so I dont know if my experience will help or not. I had a heck of a time fitting the alternator in hers. However, when it is lined up just perfect it DOES go in. There is no "wiggle" room at all. Re-check the instructions and follow them to the letter and it WILL go in. The aggravating part is that when it goes, it just drops in and you can't figgure out for sure how you did it. Just take your time and keep at it. Don't get flustered as it DOES fit. Good luck...if your problem is different, sorry I couldn't help.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts