GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hand my 2 surgeries last Thursday. I was in or for 6 to 8 hours ( depends on who I talk to, I have not seen the surgeon just his Residents). On liquid diet till told otherwise, 10 lb weight limit for 4 weeks. I'm sore but doing ok.
I'm also Home at this time.
Kevin

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, 2 surgeries for what? :crying: I hope all went well and you'll have your knees in the breeze once the doc says its ok.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Kevin
Thanks for the update. I wish and pray for your speedy recovery. Please keep us posted to your progress.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one to repair a hernia again. the other one to get my stomach to empty (I could eat and still have food in my stomach 12 hours later).
Cleveland Clinic developed a surgical repair for it, when they found the hernia was back (had it fixed in 2017, Stomach in the chest), they just want to fix both at the same time while they where in there.
Appreciate the prayers
Kevin

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, 2 surgeries for what? :crying: I hope all went well and you'll have your knees in the breeze once the doc says its ok.
one to repair a hernia again. the other one to get my stomach to empty (I could eat and still have food in my stomach 12 hours later).
Cleveland Clinic developed a surgical repair for it, when they found the hernia was back (had it fixed in 2017, Stomach in the chest), they just want to fix both at the same time while they where in there.
Appreciate the prayers
Kevin
Wow sounds like you've been through quite a bit. Prayers headed your way for a complete recovery.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I hand my 2 surgeries last Thursday. I was in or for 6 to 8 hours ( depends on who I talk to, I have not seen the surgeon just his Residents). On liquid diet till told otherwise, 10 lb weight limit for 4 weeks. I'm sore but doing ok.
I'm also Home at this time.
Kevin
10 lbs for 4 weeks? Not me, I’d be down for 2 months with what you just went through, hang in there,, get well correctly (whatever time it’s takes).

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Think positive ! At least they found hernia and fixed it instead of having to go in another time ! Speedy recovery !

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Prayers your way!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to doctor Friday morning in Cleveland and I'm now on soft food, little to no bread. no raw vegetables. The good news is that He said I could ride My Motorcycle. He got me off work for another week while I try transitioning from liquid diet to soft diet.

·
Registered
478 Posts
CM, I'm a paramedic.
Please think carefully about that. Not so much the riding, as what happens if you have to pick up your bike. Or having to make a hard swerve, or even a mild spill.

If your doc doesn't ride, he may not realize the physical requirements.

Went to doctor Friday morning in Cleveland and I'm now on soft food, little to no bread. no raw vegetables. The good news is that He said I could ride My Motorcycle. He got me off work for another week while I try transitioning from liquid diet to soft diet.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery Kevin.

CM, I'm a paramedic.
Please think carefully about that. Not so much the riding, as what happens if you have to pick up your bike. Or having to make a hard swerve, or even a mild spill.

If your doc doesn't ride, he may not realize the physical requirements.
LOL.... So is he! :nojoke:

·
Registered
837 Posts
May God bless and speed your recovery ! Prayers for you today.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I'm a 30+ years Paramedic and currently a CE instructor Specialty Emergency Vehicle Driving, Other instructor cards I have let go. I also was a+ certified computer tech and did 10 years law enforcement.
Believe it or not, but my motorcycle is a smother ride than my pickup truck. I know my limitations and act accordingly, but riding is one of my stress relievers, you work in high stress field you need one or it will get you. Too many turn to alcohol or drugs, not good.
thanks for the prayers and concern.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
YA AFTER MY SURGERIES COULDNT WAIT TO GET BACK ON BIKE . WIND IN FACE GREAT HEALER :wink2::serious:

Reactions: GLblinded
1 - 16 of 16 Posts