GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a wheel chock..The Condor & the Baxley look almost the same
Condor is $159 and Baxley is $295.
Anybody have experence with either or both?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Which Condor are you talking about? PS1500 or the SC 2000?

I use both and have not found a better chock for a trailer or free stander in a garage, car-port etc.

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I have the alum. condor (more money) I love it...chuck..I dont have/havent seen the other

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Baxley that works great when mounted in my trailer. It is multi-adjustable, so you can make it fit "just right". When used on my garage floor, my front tire just shoves it around the garage. I have to lay a piece of 2x4 in front of it, then the tire will roll up on the wood, then into the chock. Once there, again, works great.

I know you did not ask about the Bike-Pro, but I have one of them also. It is not near as adjustable as the Baxley, and my VTX fell out of it while just sitting there. No one touching it. I don't use it anymore.

Have never tried the Condor. However, the local Honda dealer I bought the Baxley from, also sold the Condor. He recomended the Baxley, so that's what I went with. Don't missunderstand me, I'm not saying the Baxley is indeed better, again, I have never used one myself.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Bad experience with Condor. The bike fell over twice due to what they claimed were quality problems with the metal used for the lower V. They refunded my money but would not fix the damage. I would not use them again. They did claim to have fixed the problem after my experience. They had a "batch" of bad metal. This happened in 04.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bulldog, I am looking at the SC2000 (169.95 w/free shipping from customdynamics)

Any reason, other than Alum, to consider the 1500???

PS Just changed out the Mobil 1 with Amsol. Noticed that it shifts much better and
I had a slight slipping problem, if I got on it hard in 4th it seemed to slip with a jerk once in a while, that is now GONE.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have the Baxley i.e. LA Chock Absolutely great for trailer and free standing in the garage. Highly adjustable. Pricey but worth it to me. 8)

G

·
blento said:
Bulldog, I am looking at the SC2000 (169.95 w/free shipping from customdynamics)

Any reason, other than Alum, to consider the 1500???

PS Just changed out the Mobil 1 with Amsol. Noticed that it shifts much better and
I had a slight slipping problem, if I got on it hard in 4th it seemed to slip with a jerk once in a while, that is now GONE.
I have the sc2000 mounted in a 6x10 trailer and it works great. Can't
see paying any more for another one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the Baxely.Very good chock.When I place my bike in the chock, I have no worries.Two ties to the frame pulling slightly forward and It's secure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts