GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I use the steel trailer version. The condors work great on Goldwings.

However, you will need to secure it to the floor. If you don’t it will just slide when you try to yank out the bike. At least mine does.

I personally prefer using the center stand. Way easier in my opinion.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That price is too good to be true!!!! LOOK OUT FROM THAT SITE!! My cousin bought a great deal from them and they were out of stock. Then they were out of stock on everything else he tried to order. Finally gave up and lost his money.

I have one and recommend it. You will have to secure to floor or ??

·
Registered
409 Posts
There are usually a couple on Craigslist around here. That's where I got mine for $100. I'm sure one will show up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm using Pittsburgh motorcycle chock from Harbor Freight, have two - one for the Wing and the other for the Raider. They work really well but definitely needs to be secured to the floor. Well priced, too.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1800-lb-capacity-motorcycle-standwheel-chock-61670.html
I have the HF chock as well and it has held up good. Bought it when I sold my '04 wing and trailered the bike to Tennessee to meet the buyer. Have used it several times since and it always works well. I agree you would need to somehow secure it to keep it from moving. Could bolt it to a large piece of plywood with counter sunk screws and then drive onto the plywood and your weight would hold it still.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the HF chock as well and it has held up good. Bought it when I sold my '04 wing and trailered the bike to Tennessee to meet the buyer. Have used it several times since and it always works well. I agree you would need to somehow secure it to keep it from moving. Could bolt it to a large piece of plywood with counter sunk screws and then drive onto the plywood and your weight would hold it still.
Great idea! Thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
HF makes two... get the heavy duty one. about $50. I have used this one on my trailer for a long time. 1800 Lb MC steel stand $60.

Northern Tools Item 58045 Steel Ultra-tow MC wheel chock $120 bucks.

$160 Condor SC2000 trailer mount wheel chock. Amazon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts