GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Florida Moderator
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifey and I, my brother and his daughter, and my buddy and his wife just got back from a scenic jaunt to Alachua where we ate at the Conestoga. That makes about 6 times I've been there. I was trying to give it a fair chance but I just haven't found it that good, it's OK especially if your hungry. Anyone else share my opinion? Now I had heard of "Ivey's" but didn't know it was a few blocks down the street from Conestoga. We went in to just check it out and they were very accomodating, gave us the grand tour. From the looks and smell of the food we will have to try it. Anyone else been there and if so what is your opinion?

Tom

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Wifey and I, my brother and his daughter, and my buddy and his wife just got back from a scenic jaunt to Alachua where we ate at the Conestoga. That makes about 6 times I've been there. I was trying to give it a fair chance but I just haven't found it that good,
Actually, Conestoga's is one of the regular lunch runs for this group, and Bartman will likely have us all there again before winter is over.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I've been there 4 times and thought the food was good. I've been to plenty of places that were far worse and charged more.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I've been there 4 times and thought the food was good. I've been to plenty of places that were far worse and charged more.
...and where else can you get to see SkeeterBeater eat one of those 50-pound burgers... :lol::lol::lol:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I wondered why the paramedics were standing by.:eek:4:
That wasn't a paramedic "standing by"..., it was our own Tequila Roy... :lol::lol:

Besides, a paramedic wasn't required, as Jeff even took his free piece of key lime pie home and had it for supper. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think the Ivey's in Williston is better than the one in Alachua, or at least the time I was there. Alachua hasn't been open too very long, so maybe they are just getting things going, but both are prety good though different than Conastoga's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really love this place. The first time I ever went I had the main street monster burger which actually consists of 3 one pound patties.Great Burgers and Steaks a Mom and Pop Texas Roadhouse.Really a nice place .

·
Florida Moderator
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, this thread is almost 6 years old. I still stand by my original observation. BUT, I've been back many times with the group over the years and never had a BAD meal. Think back on all the places we've been over the years, how many were REALLY good:shrug:? I mean knock your socks off good/great? Not many that I recall. I'd say the majority are OK, which is good enough since we as a group aren't particularly picky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts