GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first photostory attempt. I've heard so much about this place, I told the SO that we just HAD to go, sorta like a calling, y'know. :wink:

We had a chance to meet Yellow Wolf, and ride the Gap and Cherohala Skyway. We spent the night in Murphy, NC and headed back to FL, a total of 1700 miles or so in three days. Well worth it because there is nothing that compares here in FL.

I'm not sure that they're in order because both of us have CRS :lol:

Hope you enjoy. We did! I can't wait to go back again! It was probably the best trip on the 'Wing we've made yet. That place rocks!

Deals Gap Photostory

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
SCOTT
If you deside to come back up here give me a shout i can show you some more pretty roads here.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D :clap2: :clap2: :yes1: Very well done, Nice pics and music. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
superb!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Boat Driver said:
It was probably the best trip on the 'Wing we've made yet. That place rocks!
Ummm... ahhh nevermind... I see you're from FL so that explains it :wink:

There was another dude on this board from FL who also thinks the gap is the sh!t, you guys ought to hook up or something and become partners. :roll:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deleted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Loved it, until this weekend I didn't know what the gap was (new to the board) but I really would like to experience it myself after seeing your picture show. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Scott Man
I love The Gap too, I feel like its calling me back 8) 8) :) :) :)
AWSOME :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice job on the photostory. The Gap and surrounding area is a great place to ride. Can't wait to go back myself.

Here are some photos from my trip: My Gap Photos

I may have to take my photos, mix it with Yellow Wolf's video, and create my own video story. Thanks for the idea ...

·
Registered
19,050 Posts
NICE JOB-

Who does the song "Out in the country"? Three Dog Night????

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes, Three Dog Night
Great job! Reminds me of why I moved to NC.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for the positive comments.

The SO and I really enjoyed ourselves there. The views were awesome. Riding always allows me to clear my mind (what's left of it :lol:) and get into the moment.

There are many more roads to try in that area and I can't wait until our next visit. I hear Fontana Dam is a great road to drive!

Nestor, your photos are great. They would make a great PhotoStory.

·
Registered
573 Posts
WOW!!!!

Boat Driver & Nestor,

Thanks for the pictures it looks absolutely beautiful. Looks like I need to start planning my cross country trip just to ride the Dragon. My wife probably won't let me go without her and she has said that she wants to ride it on her own bike. Since she just let me trade my bike along with hers in on the new Goldwing, it's probably a couple years way. :cry:

I can't wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was your first attempt???? It was terrific - thanks! We're leaving Friday on two Wings and a VTX 1300 to do the same ride. It will be my first trip to Deals Gap to do the Tail on my 1300. Hope my parts don't end up on that tree!

Susan

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
NICE!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts