GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
300 posts on the new board! must be a record. and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I bet he gets his meals served to him in front of his computer and it is located by his bed......... :lol: :)

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
I wish we had a 100 more guys like Bulldog here, he really makes this a fun place to be. :D Thanks for all that you contribute here Bulldog and the rest of the GL1800 Riders. :D Hope you all had a great Christmas.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Good Grief Charlie Brown :!:

I'm #3 on the 'most posts' list... and I'm not even trying :!: :cool:

One more week and the :xmas1: comes down. :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Thanks for the Congrats. I enjoy this board so much. I have learned more, here in a little while, than I have in my life's experiences in a long while.

The Tech tips, Links and sharing of mechanical experiences are awesome. I can remember having my bike in a million pieces, I got stuck on one little item. I posted an SOS. and it was answered before I could refresh.

Because of this board, I have been able to make some wise choices on aftermarket items. Sure is nice when people you don't even know, save you the grief of buying the wrong item, and having to live with it or replace it for more money.

And best of all. is the great people that I have met because of this board. My goodness the list is long, and I hope getting longer. No way in the world, would we have been able to get to meet and communicate with so many wonderful guys & gals if it were not for this board.

The board on the whole, is a house, that holds a large family. Like all families we agree and disagree. But when it is all over, we can all sit at the table and break bread with one another.

Being part of this group, brings security when riding. I carry everyones phone #'s and addresses on my route of travel. Should I have a problem, there is no doubt in my mind that the good folks of this board would be there in a minute with a solution, (not sure about bail money)..LOL

This board should be helpful, but also light hearted. A lot of us are getting to damned old to be bothered with personalities, tempers or difference of opinions. Treat everyone fairly and most will treat you fairly.

I don't post for the count, I post for the fun and enjoyment of it. I do think you get a "T" shirt from Hal every once in awhile, cause I already got a couple of them (doozies if I may say so)..LOL

This board is a community, that I am proud to be a part of. I visit no other boards, cause everything I need is right here behind door # 1.

My Board family extends far, Gary & Mikey, Joe & Sparky, Dale & Pauline all from California. Lewis & Carol & Chloe, Ron Melton (Tennessee), Hal,Chris,Drew (Florida), Chef (N. Carolina), Tinker (Virginia), Tom Nace, Dr. Rob, Jazzy Jeff & TBB all here in my backyard. Our International Connection, Don & Carol Stefanik (Ontario). Plus all the great folks that I talk to on the phone on a regular basis. Thanks to all of you, for being our friends.

This is a great place!

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Dang... I am #9... didn't know I had that much to say 8)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Granpa,

The Lord has reserved a seat right next to Mother Theresa, for Meesh. I surely am blessed to have her in my life. She is going to make me an honest man, pretty soon!

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Bulldog said:
She is going to make me an honest man, pretty soon!

Bulldog
Bulldog,
Must be something in the air... think I am headed down the same road :)

It HAS been 3 years... I suppose I oughta make it legal :D

Hope Carol doesn't read the board... not that she ever has, I haven't "broken the news" to her yet :lol:

She is deploying tomorrow, but will only be out for 60 days. Good thing is, we come home on the same day... and hopefully on the same plane! Might just ask her on the flight home! :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Da Board

Yes this ah great board with some good folks, i enjoy comin here everyday. I have met quite ah few board members & hope ta meet th rest of yaul someday. :mrgreen:

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
I Quit! :oops: (Yes, I'm embarrassed!)

182 post from me and I've still ridden over 3,000 miles in the last 4 weeks! I'll need to remove this site from my favorites this summer when my riding slows down!
:cry:

I do enjoy everyones ideas! I know those ideas are wrong when they are different than mine, but I can handle that! :p LOL!!! On a serious note (that is tough for me) I do enjoy the People of this board since they are the board!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
holy-moly, Dr Rob posted

well I have to say, I monitor 4 different boards, this one, The southern cruiser riders board, and two HVAC boards.

and I have more fun on this board, the people are friendly, funny, helpful and the most genuinely delightfull people around.

Like Bulldog I to try to keep a record of names while traveling around the country, and I have no doubt that should I run into a problem, my friends from this board would come to my aid.

as I hope, that anyone traveling through western NY that ran into a problem can call me or TBB and we will be there to help you any way we can.

If I can't get to you right away, I know bikers from buffalo to albany and almost anyware in between, I'm pretty sure I can get you help day or night.

congrats bulldog, and for any of you that do not know Meesh, yep, shes headed for sainthood :D :D :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
OMG Mike, congratulations. I can almost hear your heart beating from here. Good luck and let us know what she says. Joy

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
hmmmm... screwed up a post, made another post, and then went back to try and delete the error post (this one) and I can't delete it.

Can you only delete the last post you make in a thread?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yellowwing1 said:
OMG Mike, congratulations. I can almost hear your heart beating from here. Good luck and let us know what she says. Joy
Awww, thanks! :)

She is a great gal... like Bulldog says about Meesh, she'd have to be to put up with me!! :D

I'll keep ya posted!

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
IB Mike said:
hmmmm... screwed up a post, made another post, and then went back to try and delete the error post (this one) and I can't delete it.

I believe that's true. However, if you screw up a post choose 'edit' and fix it like you want.

Concerning earlier posts: you can effectively delete them by using 'edit'. Highlight all of the text and replace it with something like this: "Deleted by Author", or something like that.

It worked for me... :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Bob (Bear said:
[quote="IB Mike":1o6v92ji]hmmmm... screwed up a post, made another post, and then went back to try and delete the error post (this one) and I can't delete it.

I believe that's true. However, if you screw up a post choose 'edit' and fix it like you want.

Concerning earlier posts: you can effectively delete them by using 'edit'. Highlight all of the text and replace it with something like this: "Deleted by Author", or something like that.

It worked for me... :D[/quote:1o6v92ji]

lol... or you can just ramble on about how you screwed it up :lol:

But then I guess one or two times of doing that and folks would start to think I'm crazy... But I suppose it is too late for that :luf1:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts