GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the biggest moron in the US government is going on trial. Claiming diabetes was the reason he blew threw a stop sign and killed a fellow biker.

Never mind that he has 12 speeding tickets and 3 or 4 accidents in the last 10 years. I don't know about you, but if that was my record (A) I wouldn't be able to afford insurance, and (B) The state would have lifted my licenses long ago.

Someone explain why the prosecution CAN NOT bring up this morons past transgressions ????

YES, I MEAN TO START A CONTROVERSY

anyone want to guess what the out come will be ???

·
Registered
441 Posts
jmac00 said:
well the biggest moron in the US government is going on trial. Claiming diabetes was the reason he blew threw a stop sign and killed a fellow biker.
quote]

Being a diabetic myself, I'm trying to figure out what kind of defense he can have!? IF his blood sugar was out of control, he shouldn't have been driving. Just like a DUI! Another question I have is, if he has been diabetic for any time at all he knows the warning signs and remedies for both the high and low blood sugars. We are expected not to drink and drive, right?

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooops, I forgot to mention, my son is a diabetic, has been for 10 years (he's 17 now) and your right.

the putz knows the warning signs, I know several diabetic people, and they never seems to be THAT IMPARED to drive :evil:

even if they "feel" impared, they (and my son) all carry there "kits"

AAARRRGHHH, my blood pressure is going up :roll:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
pretty hard to be controversial when you have a "majority" opinion ... LOL.

I'm t-2 diabetic so I can't say I know everything about t-1 ... but I do know that the "affliction" has never forced me to speed, miss stop signs, kill people.

It's sad that this is gonna screw the political game for awhile, but this jerkoff needs to be behind bars ... for a VERY long long time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Peter

I can say you did manage to keep close to the speed limit on a little trek across Arkansas a couple months ago.
:shock:
Jerry

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I tried REAL hard NOT to pass you, Jerry .... LOL .... and I can proudly claim I'm not a congressman ... I have never (yet) had a speeding ticket on my bike(s) ... and I've never gone through a stop sign and killed someone ... :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This kind of thing has happened before, some of you might know the Terry Bernard story, if you don't...it's worth reading. In that particular case the politician got off scott free, let us all hope and pray there is a better outcome in this case, at least it's going to trial, Terry Barnard's family never got that far.

Who is Terry Barnard?

http://www.ama-cycle.org/terrybarnard/

·
Registered
553 Posts
:evil: :( just when i was getting over the trajedy of o.j. getting off..this jerko comes along.i would bet money this jerk will get a little probation..i had a family member murdered in cold blood for no reason except the punk killer needed drug money..this happened on thanksgiving day to make it worse..i went to the trial and our family was threatened by the judge for wearing victime,s right,s pin,s..nice judge huh ? of course he only got 7 years for murder and can be out in 4 yeras for good behavior.you sit in court and fear the defense will get them off,what a horrible feeling..our justice system need,s an overhaul bigtime..by the way,four hours before he killed my nephew the punk was released from prison for attempted murder of a police officer.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Interesting that he is diabetic and is using that as a defense. In this state, if you have had previous "uncontrolled diabetic episodes" (their words, not mine), your class C drivers license will not be renewed. If you are an insulin controlled diabetic, you cannot hold a class A or B (Commercial) drivers license. Same for pilots license, but that is federal.

So, if he claims diaabetic, he should lose his license. Bet he don't.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Get the latest on the Janklow saga

http://www.argusleader.com/ This is the web site to the Sioux Falls daily paper and it will give you a blow by blow on how the trial is going. A real tradgedy. Most here in SD would like to see the man resign congress but I guess he wants his day in court to shake up his little bag of tricks. Being as how he was on gov't business, quote unquote, we the taxpayers will be paying no matter how the outcome. If he is sued in a civil court by the victims family we all pay.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just My Rant

Have you forgetten that politicans don't have to abide by the same rules as the rest of us???They are very special people,they make the laws ,but the same laws don't apply to them.Lobbists give the perks and cash ,we keep them in office. Politicans are just parasites of sociaity. Just my rant.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Different laws....

Policticians, movie stars, and professional athletes all seem to live under an umbrella of differenct laws......
:yw1:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Amazing!!

But like in everything in life, there are good and bad. There are some very good politicians that work hard to do right and improve our society. But, there are always some jerks such as this guy that abuses the rules and laws and thinks he's above them, and then when he gets caught does everything he can to screw everyone else and come out on top. Well, they should see through this one and lock him up for a whiel. If they do not, it is a travesty. I personally believe that the system will take care of this guy -- he went way over the line this time!!!!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Yes, we have a system, and it works.
It is called the "Golden Rule" and it means, "He with the Gold, Rules. "
And how works....If you are convicted of stealing 50 million, you get community service and maybe a thousand dollar fine. Good wages.
If you need a pardon, contribute to the outgoing president. He'll fix it up.

I have to believe the congressman will not go to jail.

What is really disturbing is he could be re-elected.
We sent him to congress in the first place, with his previous track record.
Says something about us....

Or am I being too pesimistic?

Ride like there is no tomorrow. One day you will be right.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sad

This kind of situation turns my stomach. At the very least this guy should loose his license forever. He can afford a driver. Sadly, nothing can be done to restore the life of a husband, father, fellow rider. It may be true that there will be no "justice" in this.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Dec 2, 4:13 PM (ET)

By CARSON WALKER

FLANDREAU, S.D. (AP) - A man who was riding motorcycles with a friend who was killed in a crash with Rep. Bill Janklow cried on the witness stand Tuesday as he described seeing his friend's lifeless body.

"I kneeled down to see if he had a pulse and he didn't," Terry Johnson said as prosecutor Bill Ellingson showed him photos of the body.

Janklow, 64, is charged with second-degree manslaughter, speeding, running a stop sign and reckless driving for his role in the Aug. 16 collision. Prosecutors say Janklow sped through the stop sign in a Cadillac and collided with a motorcycle, killing Randy Scott of Hardwick, Minn.

<Edited>

Don't mean to make light of the situation but the graphics below pretty much show the life of Janklow....................Ba$tard!

:cop2: :drive1: :cop2:

:bow:

:money1:

:a13:

·
Registered
979 Posts
I like it Brian that about sums it up. Its sad these jerks seem to live a charmed life by there own set of laws, maybe this time justice will prevail but I doubt it. :sw1: Janklow = :rat:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. My wife is a diabetic and when her doctor does a blood test he can almost tell her to the day when she had her ups and downs that covers a 3 month time frame. Why couldn't they do that with him? I think he will loose his drivers lic. but not do jail time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts