GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not me. What's the point of doing that???

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,709 Posts
No, but now I'll try because it's been suggested. :D

It actually would make getting into the trunk possible while still "connected," like during a gas stop where you keep your helmet on.

Bob E.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I would think it would bounce too much...maybe crack the plastic...but what do I know... :?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nestor said:
Have you ever sat in the passenger seat and steered the bike with your feet??
Well... I haven't steered with my feet... But I have sat in the passenger seat while riding. You just have to stretch forward a bit more...

Does a great job stretching out the back on long rides...

-=Margarita Will=-

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
That might be the answer for us taller riders. The shifter and brake would be more in a cruiser position. You could stack up 5 or 6 reg risers to move the handlebars back. The passenger would have to sit in the front and use the highway pegs and would have to learn to lean from side to side so you could turn with the handlebars. Nestor you may have just created a new bike!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I haven't tried that, but it does allow for an alternate routing of the cord.

It would be nice to know, should the front connector go dead while on a long, long ride.

Thanks, goldwinghen3!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I missed the whole point...I thought we were talking about hooking the helmet to the helmet lock on the trunk...wow...did I blow it...I now see we are talking about the Intercom...wow...I sure am a dummy... :a13:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
Sometimes just for fun, when Amity and I are riding two up, she hooks into my plug and I hook into hers. :? :a13:
I am not touching that one!!! Isnt that illegale in some states :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
Sometimes just for fun, when Amity and I are riding two up, she hooks into my plug and I hook into hers. :? :a13:
What was that I heard about the people in The Villages? :oops:

·
Chard Member
13,219 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
After that statement, I don't really think it's your Air Bagger that has it's wires crossed! LOL... No wonder you're getting static and popping and cracking!

Just where are you plugging these things in? .......Pretend I didn't ask that. :oops:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nestor said:
Have you ever sat in the passenger seat and steered the bike with your feet??

Sorry, I coudn't resist .... :p
Now that you mention that ..YES I have!!!!!..I used to ride my HondaCB400F..I put a sissybar with back pad on it,,I slide back as far as I could,,set the cruise control ( A twist lock) then I would steer with my feet....if you push with your right foot the bike went right...if you push with your left foot the bike would go left...you should try it..it is quite easy to do actually!!!!!...SO NEENER NEENER :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts